• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

who is the fittest fighter ?

mandatory
UmfMEd.gif
poor knees

Tony and Nate, though I think Nick posts better times than Nate in triathlons, but Nick's not active. Holloway. TJ on EPO at 135.

Maybe not aesthetically, though she does look it as well, but in most of Holm’s fights, she is able to keep a very good pace. In her most recent fight against Aldana, she was constantly moving for the entire 25 minutes.

giphy.gif

Max Holloway has a relentless work-rate as well, even late into the fight. Reminds me of how Joe Calzaghe would be able to go entire rounds just letting his hands fly...

ElaborateAngryFlea-size_restricted.gif

Maybe not aesthetically, though she does look it as well, but in most of Holm’s fights, she is able to keep a very good pace. In her most recent fight against Aldana, she was constantly moving for the entire 25 minutes.

giphy.gif

Max Holloway has a relentless work-rate as well, even late into the fight. Reminds me of how Joe Calzaghe would be able to go entire rounds just letting his hands fly...

ElaborateAngryFlea-size_restricted.gif

Gane's bouncing around basically the whole fight at 250. Impressive for HW. Holly's always been fit, also looks the part. Can go 5 rounds fast and she hurt GDR late in the fight. That is fitness to me. Retain abilities for so long.

I was always impressed by Clay Guida's goofy style. I think I would need an inhaler after a round of moving like that.

Tony Ferguson. Jon Fitch. Diego Sanchez.

Extra points for dudes that can take a beating and keep battling. A lot of guys look like they have unlimited cardio when they’re the hammer.

For fighters it would be someone who can go at a high pace for five rounds imo. What does it matter how fast they can run or how high they can jump. I would say Holloway.

What is your standard of fitness? The Diaz brothers do/did triathlons for fun. Tons of fighters post ridiculous times on long runs. Lots of guys never get tired. Fitness is subjective.

got any numbers for these long runs ?

francis aint fit.
But he’s explosive.

We can put most fighters into two categories.

Explosive athletes like Conor, Yoel, Francis, Lewis. Who can explode with high bursts of energy and power but cannot sustain it for long.

Endurance athletes like Tony, Khabib, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, and Usman who can go forever at a pace that might not be overwhelming but consistently pressuring.

Last edited:
Back