Who is the bigger threat to Jones? Gus or Cormier?

I'm going with DC for the simple fact that Jones already beat Gus once.

I vote DC because he's black and athletic. Yes that still matters.

Whoever he fights next is the bigger threat.

That's the only reason I chose Gus. Otherwise I'd say DC. There's a pretty big change that Gus beats Jones, and DC beats Gus.

Right now, I'd say Gus. We've seen what he is capable of against Jones since he has fought him already. DC does pose a threat though.

gustafsson-lands-a-beatiful-left-hook-on-jon-jones-gif.gif

Just a little reminder. Also, notice the missing desperate eyepoke attack from Jones, lol.

Of course it's Gus who's the bigger threat to Jones. Gus has the next fight and he's no Patrick Cummins. The champ's next fight for the belt is almost always the champ's biggest threat.

gus

-size, reach, striking + TDD = trouble for Mr. Jones

IF DC gets the takedown he has a chance to brutalize Jones tho, but Jone's Wrastlin and defense is very good.

This is coming from the # 1 DC nut-hugger too lols

Cormier. I think he'll beat Jones although I'll admit its a toss up. His style just seems like bad news for JJ.

Cormier looked great against Hendo but I'd have to say Gus' performance against Jones in their last fight says more about his chances of beating Jones in a rematch than Cormier's performance against Dan.

Also, Gus isn't giving up size / reach to Jones, has shown he can stop the TD, has shown his standup is at least as good as Jones', and has also shown his conditioning is good enough for a 5-round war against Jon.

I still have questions about how Cormier handles Jones' reach, whether he can get the TD against Jones (which he'll probably need), whether he can stop Jones' TD and whether he can last for 5 rounds against Jon if necessary.

If I had to put money on a prediction about who will fare better, I'd pick Gus.

Two huge threats to Jones. They could both beat him.

But he could also beat them both. This time i really can't call it. I think Jones will use a better gameplan against Gus this time so hel need to do the same. But cormier is really hard to predict.

DC. we seen Gus give his best and fall short. no reason to think he can do better

I went with Cormier on gut feeling alone. However, the real cream of the crop at LHW are Jones, Gus, Shad and Glover. I want to see how his skills match up at that level of this weightclass, because a Hendo on the downside of his career and a novice Cummings is not enough proof for me. I'd like to see if his skills at HW translate the same to LHW.

Back