Who is more impressive Islam or Dariush?

Islam

But the beautiful thing about the ufc, is we will soon find out for sure

I definitely would favour Islam. I think he will be the man in the division this time next year
Assuming Islam doesnt pull out

Islam has been the most impressive, he is the brighter up and coming talent. I'm on board the thought process than Islam is just better everywhere.

But this is MMA and Dariush isn't a slouch, we will see what will happen when they share a cage.

I don't entirely agree with that.

I do agree that Chandler is the most dangerous fight for Islam, at least in the first round. Heck I think Chandler is the most dangerous LW in the first round.

But Oliveria was able to take Chandler down and keep him down for a while. Islam has much better and more versatile takedowns, and has better ground control than Charles, but Islam has less offensive sub game than Charles.
Yes Chandler may be able to defend one or two traditional takedowns, but idt he has ever dealt with the Judo/Sambo style takedowns that Islam has. It's a whole different kind of animal defending those types of takedowns.
And Chandler would slow down considerably from stuffing takedowns. Chandler also has bad striking defense, whereas Islam has been struck the least in LW.
I think that Chandler showed in his recent fight against Gaethje his ability to dig deep for 5 hard fought rounds without fading (too hard). He also had all time great wars with Alvarez (granted it was a long time ago) that showed the depths to where he can go in heated wrestling scrambles and exchanges of 100% power shots for 5 full rounds. He is also extremely hard to submit (has never been tapped) I couldn’t imagine that Islam would put him in any real danger. As to his fight vs Oliveira yes he was taken down but Chandler has to be the most difficult fighter in the current top5 to keep on his back bar none. As to Chandlers striking defense I highly doubt that would pose any problems against Islam, chandler is the superior striker in every way especially when it comes to fight ending power. Islam has a singular focus it is to ground his opponent as soon as possible and keep them there until he finds an opening to sub them after peppering them with strikes. I think a wrestler with the crazy athleticism and grappling defense that Chandler possesses would be a nightmare for Islam.

I think the power in Dariush's left hand makes the difference in this fight.

Islam is gonna take Benny down and control from top.

Dariush is gonna pressure and will come to bang. The pressure should lead him to getting taken down.

Sigh, here come the haters....

Dariush by far and its not even close. He is flatlining guys while Islam is going to the scorecards.

Islam finished all 3 opponents while Beneil decisioned Tony and split decisioned CDF. Who's going to the scorecards again?

Assuming Islam doesnt pull out

This will be his 4th fight in 12 months. I think this tired narrative of Islam pulling out of fights can be put to rest now.

Very close. Can't call it. Interesting way to ask it though.

So far from what I've seen of last 2 Islam fights

he made it look so easy

Just watched both vids, benil defo looks more dangerous from those clips. Seems to have heavy hands and more variety of striking.

wrestling, I have no idea but guess we will find out. I think Islam can hard wrestle for 5 rounds so might be able to outlast benil. Great fight

Islam.

He has a longer win streak (9 vs 7), is more active than Dariush (will have fought 3 times since between Dariush's last and next fight) and has pretty much won all rounds in his 9 consecutive wins unlike Dargoosh whose gotten rocked a bunch of times, almost lost and thinks Marxism is taking over

I like Beneil but I just don't think he's on the level of Do Bronx, Dustin, Islam etc. His striking is decent at a distance but gets in the pocket and fights like an idiot. Islam would also very likely control the grappling.

I think that Chandler showed in his recent fight against Gaethje his ability to dig deep for 5 hard fought rounds without fading (too hard). .

It was 5 rounds worth of action, but only a 3 round fight. That would be a very intriguing fight. I think I could or would possibly pick Chandler, but i'd have more confidence if he could fight a smarter more technical fight. Sometimes he just goes too nuts to conserve energy or put intelligent combos together both of which would greatly improve his chances in that fight imo. Those winging punches would only allow more opportunities for Islam to get in on the legs and doesn't help the cardio. One would think Chandler would fight tighter just on the threat of the tdd alone.

Hard to say. Islam has the more impressive recent performances, but his best win was against Dan Hooker, who I believe is the most over-rated of the top LW contenders. Benny D, on the other hand, has been fighting the best in the division since 2015 or so. Granted, he's lost to a few of them, but he's still more proven against higher level competitors than Islam is atm.

Back