Who is going to win the title fights on UFC 251?

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
The 2 current champions plus Yan are clear favorites of course. The one I have the highest hopes for pulling the upset is Max. So I'll go Usman, Max, Yan.

Usman perhaps; he's virtually impossible to press back, but if someone pushes him around, I assume he'll have Wittman's boxing-off-the-backfoot thing going

Max hopefully becomes 2-time champ, although I fear Ckb and their superb coaching, I hope Max isn't too eroded so he could get back to his heavy kicking thing. He sould also have more things from southpaw

Aldo somehow, somewhere finds the second wind, wins and retires as undisputed MMA GOAT (don't wanna see him suffer with cutting weight/getting hit anymore, he's already shot enough)

...now, since I said that, bet on other three
Leaning the other way on all three.

least sure about Usman vs Burns, depends on how good Burns is and how bad Woodley was when they fought. Seems like Burns has skills and youthful creativity on his side.
Not sure who will have the edge in power shots but I have a feeling that will be the deciding factor.

Don’t see Father Time being kind to Max or Jose. Max was beaten pretty soundly by Volk the first time and with no fights in between I don’t see how he can be THAT different to swing the outcome in his favor.

Aldo doesn’t belong in this fight, period. I understand why people WANT him to win, but again, his best days are way way back in the past. I’m expecting this to be the last chapter for him, at least in terms of title fights. We will see, i would be happy to be wrong.

yan -240 aldo +188
usman -235 burns +188
volk -215 max +170
yan tko
burns dec.
volk tko

Leaning the other way on all three.

least sure about Usman vs Burns, depends on how good Burns is and how bad Woodley was when they fought. Seems like Burns has skills and youthful creativity on his side.
Not sure who will have the edge in power shots but I have a feeling that will be the deciding factor.

Don’t see Father Time being kind to Max or Jose. Max was beaten pretty soundly by Volk the first time and with no fights in between I don’t see how he can be THAT different to swing the outcome in his favor.

Aldo doesn’t belong in this fight, period. I understand why people WANT him to win, but again, his best days are way way back in the past. I’m expecting this to be the last chapter for him, at least in terms of title fights. We will see, i would be happy to be wrong.
Max cant eat those calf kicks. he was fighting southpaw after rd. 1 mostly, when he turned back to orthodox he held his own in striking. he's gotta do something to avoid those leg kicks, severely compromised him

Max cant eat those calf kicks. he was fighting southpaw after rd. 1 mostly, when he turned back to orthodox he held his own in striking. he's gotta do something to avoid those leg kicks, severely compromised him

I don’t see that as an easy adjustment for Max to make, he tends to have a lot of weight on his front foot, leaning forward to compensate for his relatively short arms.
Overall I don’t see how he changes enough to produce a different outcome in an immediate rematch with limited time to make changes.

I don’t see that as an easy adjustment for Max to make, he tends to have a lot of weight on his front foot, leaning forward to compensate for his relatively short arms.
Overall I don’t see how he changes enough to produce a different outcome in an immediate rematch with limited time to make changes.
not disagreeing with you. If he does come back and make adjustments and wins belt back. it will be legendary

Usman, Volk, Aldo...

And it remains no champ, male or female, under 30.

Cejudo was 33 btw.

Back