• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is Floyds 50 fight?

And especially Cotto being his prior opponent. The picture of the wraps themselves don't prove anything but to say it's just a a little fluff and that even if his loves were loaded it was really Margarito's skillz that messed his face up is a joke. Interesting he didn't swell up like that in the rematch.

The post doesn't make sense so it's difficult to work out, but are you saying that the image Cotto showed to Margarito is not fluff and is actually a crack in solid plaster?

You don't have to smother someone to enjoy a size advantage, that is ridiculous.
I see it as a few easily distinguishable things. Smothering/mauler/bully type of fight where the smaller guy simply cant get him off, a reach which the smaller guy cant get inside, or power being a lopsided mismatch.

Of course its a factor, but I didnt see anything that made it significant.

Off topic, but for the sake of a good fight Im hoping not to see any of that with Golovkin/Brooks too.

So, anyways, who do you think Floyd should fight if he comes back for his 50th?
I would like to see Thurman. Thurman is better than I gave him credit for.

I originally viewed this thread logged out and saw that you quoted me, I also saw that you quoted me four other times when I'd already told you i'd put you on ignore, do you talk to your self often or just on Internet forums?

1. If you have 'undisputable' evidence there was plaster in his gloves during the Cotto fight, feel free to show me it. Margarito was walking around after the fight with his gloves off, shaking peoples hands and waving to the crowd, in a ring full of NSAC staff, doctors and officials. If during this period you are suggesting his hands were solid plaster, you should have plenty of ammunition.

2. Why is it 'laughable' to suggest the inventors of plaster of paris bolster my claim? The inventors of plaster of paris said categorically that using this method inside of a boxing glove is not only impossible, but pretty counter productive too. Experiments were done and the results were obvious. My claim is that Margarito did not have plaster in his gloves, the inventor of the said plaster method says that it would be impossible. I believe that bolsters my claim.

3.The member of Mosley's camp that spotted the wraps was Nazim Richardson, he said two plaster blocks fell out of the raps. This turned out to be a lie, obviously. NSAC officials described what they saw, and they did not describe plaster. The wraps were old and hardened. As we've already discussed, it would impossible for these wraps to turn into plater over the course of a boxing fight.

4. The 'foreign substance' you speak of could be anything from hand cream to salves, and many other every day products. The one thing we know it couldn't be is plaster of paris. Until you can come up with some better evidence, I'll stick to believing the scientists.

I have no idea what the deal with his wraps were, judging by the pictures they just look old and used, which means he was cheating in some form, given that they do not meet the standards of the NSAC. We know that they weren't plaster or anything close to it and I'm unaware of any other scenario that would result in those wraps making Margarito a harder puncher. If there was any evidence at all that for this, a criminal case would have been pursued.
If you want to stick your head in the sand like an ostrich and ignore me go ahead. I'll keep responding to your bs. Who said it was plaster of paris? It was a foreign substance that resulted in a suspension. His trainer was banned for life. Throw all the spin you want. You want to write a book with every response and then claim we aren't talking about the issue. I'm putting your ass on ignore don't bother responding.

Trout already beat him, Mayweather already beat him, Lara would probably beat him, he probably beats the rest.

Hahahahhaha.
You see how you threw Lara's name in there? The same way you asserted Canelo was no more than 10 pounds heavier than Cotto? Making stuff up to assert your claims.

The post doesn't make sense so it's difficult to work out, but are you saying that the image Cotto showed to Margarito is not fluff and is actually a crack in solid plaster?
No. All I said was look at the pattern of absorbed red dye. How am I supposed to know what it is from looking at a picture? We'd need a mass spectrometer for that.

If you want to stick your head in the sand like an ostrich and ignore me go ahead. I'll keep responding to your bs. Who said it was plaster of paris? It was a foreign substance that resulted in a suspension. His trainer was banned for life. Throw all the spin you want. You want to write a book with every response and then claim we aren't talking about the issue. I'm putting your ass on ignore don't bother responding.

I numbered my points pretty clearly for you, if you want to respond then go ahead. I gave a couple of lines for each, I really worry about the standard of books you are reading.

You see how you threw Lara's name in there? The same way you asserted Canelo was no more than 10 pounds heavier than Cotto? Making stuff up to assert your claims.

You said 'what about the names on Canelo's list' - I told you which ones he would beat, and which ones he wouldn't. The question involves having to make a prediction you moron.

You are a complete and utter retard. By far the worst poster I've come across on here.

Back