Who is currently the best UFC color commentator?

Who is currently the best UFC color commentator?

• Total voters
I think they all put in less effort than they used to some a little and some a lot.

I actually feel like Mike has started working again, like he hears the Felder/Sanko footsteps. Never thought much of DC's preparation honestly.

I know this is a "color" conversation. But imo, We should also be discussing how good Fitz has gotten. When he first got here, I was certain he had never seen an MMA fight. Now he is knowledgeable, comfortable, works well with others, and has a better voice than Anik.

Poll is amusing as All Commentators are annoying at some point -- and all are Mute worthy.

But Sherdog gonna Sherdog...

Screenshot 2023-12-13 180349.png

DC -- Big Show
Rogan -- Big Show Domestic
Bisping -- Big Show Foreign
Cruz -- Big Show Manlets
Sanko -- Fight Night / Apex / WMMA
Felder -- Anywhere Sidekick

Screenshot 2023-12-13 180249.png

I know. I just mentioned he´s good too. Actually everyone besides Anik is color commentary. Right.
Yeah, one play by play and usually usually 1-3 color
I don't know if a promotion has ever done 2 play by play

Laura paid her dues, worked her way in, and has earned everybody's respect by...doing her job well. She's nice to look at and all, but you don't get to see her call the fight, or educate the viewer with insight, or give valid opinions. The respect is genuine, well done.

Laura Sanko (colour/analyst), Paul Felder (colour/analyst), Dom Cruz (colur/analyst), Din Thomas (analyst), Mike Bisping (colour, when he stays on point).
Rogan and DC sound like unprofessional bozos. They are just too distracting to the point of annoyance to me.

Rogan is still best for big fights.

Went with Laura because she isnt nearly as annoying as others. I used to like Bisping but seems like he loses his attention for minutes these days and when it comes back he just makes up his mind who is winning by watching the latest exchange.

I'm pleasantly surprised Laura is the majority and people weren't going to just say some sexist shit like she doesn't know fighting or something.

Pretty much picked Laura for the same reason as most people, she's not annoying and calls the fights. I'm not a casual fan, I do not need big personality to entertain me while watching it, it distracts me.

I hate Bisping the most because he just talks on and on. Call the fight man...guy is talking about things like a minute ago instead of whats happening because he wants to get out all his opinions.

Felder is fine but sometimes he is too submissive. Pairing him with Laura or Dom works, but when he's wtih Bisping he kind of just enables him.

I don’t mind any of them except Cruz and it’s not that he is not knowledgeable it’s his personality. Still I haven’t ever found myself upset listening to any. I think they all do a pretty good job overall with a little humor thrown in, although some go a little overboard at times. I do enjoy listening to DC break down some of the wrestling exchanges, he’s got great insight.

Toss-up between Felder and Sanko, IMO. I am tempted to give it to Felder based on his larger sample size/body of work, but based on early indications (and her DWCS stuff) Laura might end up edging Paul out.

I like Felder... Sanko and DC are good, Cruz and Bisping Ok... nothing personal against Anik but his voice grates on me... Joe needs to go...

It's quite evident that Lauren Stankho is the best.

Felder is my favorite among this list, but Sanko is good too. I feel like Anik/Felder represents the desk at its most professional. I like Bisping the human, but he's hit or miss for me on commentary. Cruz rubs me the wrong way and is 100% an "akshully" kinda guy IRL, while DC and Rogan are just massive shills.

Bisping is my favourite. Makes me laugh almost every time he's on. You do get nights when he won't shut up but that's probably when he's had too many drinks.

I used to hate Cruz commentary with a passion but I kinda like him now. He was so monotonous and used to talk about technique every second of the fight which in my opinion is not necessary. He's quite funny now when he cusses off Bisping or Keith Peterson.

The rest are fine apart from DC. He doesn't stop talking.

Back