• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is better at wrestling, Jones or Khabib?

Khabib's fights were blowouts, finished 5 of his last 7 and the 2 decisions were a 50-43/50-44, and a 30-24/30-25. Jones has multiple sketchy 48-47s, a split decision, a DQ and a fight that got overturned because he failed a steroid test.
Pretty much this right here.

I don't care how many title defences Jones has, the eye test tells me Khabib is better (and the drug tests).

Jones beat DC. That is the by far the best wrestler either faced by a margin wider than the amazon. I'm going Jones.

OP didn't specify what style though so
MMA Grappling = Jones
Greco = Tied
Folk style = Jones
Freestyle = Khabib

Let's all pretend like Khabib was in prime against Tibau. His striking was do sloopy back then. Khabib on his prime would have bigger striking threat and may have scored takedown. Tibau had 92% takedown defense in about 25 UFC fights, that is very impressive
how much was DC's takedown defense % before the Jones fight?

May have been said already Im not reading through 9 pages. But Khabib is the better wrestler. Because thats all he does in every fight. Jones is the better situational wrestler. More of an opportunist, and makes the most of it most times.

That tall swedish boy with close to 0 wrestling skills, he never even trained wretling before he turned 23 years old....

N41u.gif

I can't show what didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that LW is the hardest div in MMA
Anyone think Gus was as good as conor was? lol No, not close
Or Reyes as good as Porier? xDD

Jones ofc,khabib struggled against raging al and tibau
Do you think you'll ever get over Khabib smashing Conor? It's been years but every time Khabib's name is mentioned here you are throwing shit his way. I hope you'll grow out of it eventually.

Khabib is the best grappler in MMA history and multiple time Sambo world champ who used grappling alone to win fights.

Jones is a highschool/community college wrestler who predominantly used wrestling to set up his striking.

It's not even close.

gh620IC.gif

3ba51f86fa146438ad5f3b54165d4d02.gif

Sambo world champ means nothing.

Bones has never gone 0 for 13 on TDs against a journeyman.

Bones has outwrestled/outgrappled WAY better wrestlers than Khabib has.

The guy outwrestld a 2x Olympian ffs.

Sambo lol I think Khabib took on his barber as a late sub because the other finalist went grocery shopping.

That community college produced Cain and Colby

Would you rather fight 500 duck-sized Khabibs, or one horse-sized Jones?

MMA wrestling, or pure wrestling?

Khabib is great at using the cage, but he washed out of wrestling in Dagestan at 15, because he wasn't good enough. Granted, that's Dagestan, the wrestling capital of the world, but Khabib wasn't a prodigy at it there.

Jon Jones was a Jr. college national champion, who placed ahead of or beat some D1 All-Americans at tournaments. He beat Max Askren (Ben Askren's brother) who was a 3x All-American and D1 national champ, for example.

Sambo world champ means nothing.

Bones has never gone 0 for 13 on TDs against a journeyman.

Bones has outwrestled/outgrappled WAY better wrestlers than Khabib has.

The guy outwrestld a 2x Olympian ffs.

Sambo lol I think Khabib took on his barber as a late sub because the other finalist went grocery shopping.

That community college produced Cain and Colby
TLO39YbutRLlVRuARvwtK1TvhLjB5cTcCf3xnfZAJag.jpg

(Colby on the left lol). IIRC Joe Soto also went there and was Jones's roommate one year.

Khabib was more dominant with his wrestling but Jones beaten far more decorated wrestlers. Jones beat Ryan Bader, Rashad Evans, DC, Matyushenko, Jake O'Brien and Chael that all have very respectable amateur wrestling backgrounds, Khabib beat Trujillo and Gaetjhe and that's about it.

Hamill and Vera were both D1 for a bit as well

Never have I ever seen a steroid cheat getting glorified as much as JBJ. It's ok though. This is how the world works now I suppose.
TRT Vitor, Ubereem, etc.

Khabib is the best grappler in MMA history and multiple time Sambo world champ who used grappling alone to win fights.

Jones is a highschool/community college wrestler who predominantly used wrestling to set up his striking.

It's not even close.

gh620IC.gif

3ba51f86fa146438ad5f3b54165d4d02.gif
Grappling does not necessarily mean wrestling. Would agree his is way better than jones.

in terms of wrestling, gsp takes a shit on khabib, but agree when its on the ground, khabibs is the best ive seen.

Jones beat Cormier with striking not grappling. Khabib literally beat everyone he faced with grapplling.

And RDA is not a high level grappler? FFS Trujillo is a more accomplished wrestler than Jones and Khabib set the TD record on him.

Jones/Conor fans displaying absolute noob level MMA knowledge here.

Trujilo isnt close to as accomplushed a wrestler as Jones.

Where on earth did you pull that one from?

Back