Who in the UFC actually has the skill to defeat Khabib?

well in terms of skills, smaller weigh class are more technical. So if u had a prime DJ at khabib size, he would most likely beat Khabib.

Just like a prime DJ at Jones size would beat Jones etc.

IRL, justin 100 % has the skill to beat Khabib. I like Makhachev and Olivera too against Khabib.

well in terms of skills, smaller weigh class are more technical. So if u had a prime DJ at khabib size, he would most likely beat Khabib.

Just like a prime DJ at Jones size would beat Jones etc.

IRL, justin 100 % has the skill to beat Khabib. I like Makhachev and Olivera too against Khabib.
Nah DJ's TDD isn't good enough for Khabib

Nah DJ's TDD isn't good enough for Khabib
His TDD against the cage is real good, and his grappling is elite. I have never seen cejudo on his back, he might look lost in there ... Whereas DJ is real good every where.

Honestly don't let Cejudo last fight fools u, he fought an almost retired fighter, who hasn't won a fight in 4 years and was coming of a humiliated loss. When it was finally time to face real contenders ( Yan, sandhagen, sterling ), Cejudo retired. Not a good look.

Possibly same size Ortega? He could catch a guillotine if Khabib wasn't careful, on the feet it would be about equal I feel, but every time Khabib shoots it would be playing with fire. I'm sure Khabib would be aware of the dangers, but he does have a habit of giving up his head

He's as unbeatable as anyone in MMA. For that reason alone he has to be in the conversation for the GOAT when he retires. I think it's likely hell retire undefeated. Not a fan but it is what it is. Blessed Era!

I think prime Aldo would be perfect. His explosive striking and take down defense was amazing.

His tdd against Mendes was ridiculous (not counting the fence grab).
Prime Aldo=Pre-USADA Aldo. Rogan called it out after USADA was enacted. He probably got reprimanded for that behind the scenes. He said Aldo looked deflated. Pre-USADA this was a different sport. TRT Vitor beats human Vitor with one arm behind his back. There are some genetic freaks of nature like Yoel, Costa, Cejudo etc.. Interestingly enough Yoel and Cejudo are ex olympic athletes. They have had/have state sponsored "nutrition" programs.

Has to be someone with strong champion intangibles that has the stamina to defend against relentless chain grappling.

Jones would probably be favored

Usman, Colby, Maia, Woodley, Gaethje

I think there are a few guys at WW that would matchup well: Covington, Woodley, Usman, maybe Burns and Masvidal.

I wouldn't necessarily bet on these guys to beat Khabib but I'd be much more interested in these fights than ones against the likes of Poirier.

I still think Tony has a good shot.

Other than that Chuck Oliveira might be a pretty bad matchup for Khabib, if he can make him fear his submissions enough.

Stylistically,Aldo would have been a good fight if he were big enough.

Back