Who holds onto the heavyweight belt....

RichyN

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For atleast 2 consecutive defences. Junior, Overeem, or Valesquez. I know some fact checker is going to say Junior defended his title twice but no he won the belt than defended it twice; once, a win with mir; and twice, a lost to Valesquez.

So out of those 3 who do you predict will have 2 consecutive defence victories?

My first choice would be Valesquez since he has the style to beat Overeem. But than when he fights Junior again it could be a toss up there.

Second choice is Overeem because if he can get past Valesquez than my moneys on his stand up versus Junior.

Third is Junior by a miracle he gets passed both Overeem and Valesquez. By now we may have new contenders though so who knows.

The Last guy to hold it for longer than one defense was Lesnar.. I think Cain might hold it long until he has to fight JDS again and then it's a toss up.

The Last guy to hold it for longer than one defense was Lesnar.. I think Cain might hold it long until he has to fight JDS again and then it's a toss up.

Lucky for Lesnar he wasn't up against tough competition. A real possibility is now we have or are getting a pretty stacked heavy weight division. I can see these 3 guys passing around the belt a couple times.

No one has ever held it for more than two defenses, which is pretty shocking since the HW belt has been around since 1997.

- 3x lost on the first defense (Coleman, Rodriguez, Velasquez)
- 6x one defense (Smith, Randleman, Sylvia, Arlovski, Couture, dos Santos)
- 3x two defenses (Couture, Sylvia, Lesnar)

Lucky for Lesnar he wasn't up against tough competition. A real possibility is now we have or are getting a pretty stacked heavy weight division. I can see these 3 guys passing around the belt a couple times.

Derp.

Lesnar wasn't up against tough competition? He defend his title against the exact same guy JDS did: Mir

and then he fought SHANE CARWIN who was 12-0 (all brutal finishes)

I hate to pick the obvious answer, but Cain. I think he can pull off at LEAST 2 defenses. On the horizon he has a fight with Werdum, maybe Overeem. I think he can handle both of them easily enough.

Derp.

Lesnar wasn't up against tough competition? He defend his title against the exact same guy JDS did: Mir

and then he fought SHANE CARWIN who was 12-0 (all brutal finishes)

In all honestly you know couture at 45 is not exactly tough competition. Mir isn't top competition compared to Overeem, JDS, or Valesquez.

Back