• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who hits harder? Prime DC or Stipe?

AstralPanda

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Seems obvious to me that the answer should be DC

But someone I'm discussing mma with is absolutely convinced Stipe hits harder

And I'm an idiot for believing otherwise

What do yall think?

Seems kinda close to me. Both have some good KO’s/TKO’s. I’d go with Stipe slightly even though when he KO’d Overeem and Dos Santos their chins were both gone and Werdum literally ran into a punch. So it’s not an easy call to make.

I don't think DC has a lot of power. His only knockout in the UFC is Stipe after eye poking him. He couldn't finish Frank Mir. Stipe finished Overeem, JDS, Cormier, Hunt and Werdum.

It's hard to say based on this one metric of "power"... unless they both hit the rigged Ngannou/Poatan machine at teh UFC's performance center.

There's a lot involved in KO's, from angle, point of impact etc... (Stipe got the title KOing Werdum walking backwards, but hit teh sweet spot) I don't think there's any way to really know who has the most power because although Stipe has more KO's in his career, I'd say he is the better sniper of the 2.

Last edited:
It's hard to say based on this one metric of "power"... unless they both hit the rigged Ngannou/Powatan machine at teh UFC's performance center.

There's a lot involved in KO's, from angle, point of impact etc... (Stipe got the title KOing Werdum walking backwards, but hit teh sweet spot) I don't think there's any way to really know who has the most power because although Stipe has more KO's in his career, I'd say he is the better sniper of the 2.
"Ngannou / Poatan machine"

Lol

Mr. Stipey is the correct answer. He also made DC look like an absolute can in their 3rd fight.

Raw power is not super important.

A clean shot doesn't need to be 100% power to be a KO, any strong/solid punch or kick with the right placement, timing, distance will usually do it.

Bisping KOed Luke.
Max KTFO Gaethje
Strickland rocked Izzy
Izzy KTFO Alex fucking Pereira

Placement > power

Back