Who here would lose to CM Punk in a UFC match?

I already have a body under my belt. i defeated my friend jeff via Lawler plex

death-valley-jeff-png.539091

"He delivers pizzas, I deliver the beatdowns!"

he died
death-valley-jeff-2-png.539115

stupid herb(eddie gordo) stopped the match early. I wasnt out
rematch-png.539167
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mspaint-me-giving-my-friend-the-lawlerplex.3924191/

Last edited:
In all honsety, if the fight happened today, I could realistically lose on points, or be finished via fatigue.

I am a moderately accomplished grappler, but from years gone by. I'm 50. I still wrestle and do BJJ a few times a week, and I am in better shape than you average 50 y/o suburbanite. But if someone 10 years younger had been training several hours a day at a top gym with elite guys for a good few years, even if my basic skill set was superior, there would probably be too much to overcome.

Give me 6 months and a well funded camp, and I like my chances to win a boring decision. Even at 50.

Last edited:
Most people have no appreciation for how bad they are at fighting. For as bad as punk looked, most of you would look much worse, unfortunately.

It's harder to think how you could lose than win with this one.

I never trained a day in my life.....well I was a yellow belt in TKD as a 6th grader.....and I AM a master of friendship for everyone.....but that aside....he'd probably woop me after I gassed out in 2 minutes. Unless people here actually train fighting/grappling I have to believe they'd never have the cardio to be able to hang with any UFC fighter for longer than a few minutes.

Punk would probably beat over 90% of the posters here. Most here would have a cardio for only 1-3 minutes.

I'd like to think so. I'd have to be cafeful not to get caught in that mean guillotine choke tho.

giphy.gif

In all honsety, if the fight happened today, I could realistically lose on points, or be finished via fatigue.

I am a moderately accomplished grappler, but from years gone by. I'm 50. I still wrestle and do BJJ a few times a week, and I am in better shape than you average 50 y/o suburbanite. But if someone 10 years younger had been training several hours a day for a good few years, even if my basic skill set was superior, there would probably be too much to overcome.

Give me 6 months and a well funded camp, and I like my chances to win a boring decision. Even at 50.

I'm 43 and won my only ammy fight 11 years ago inside 90 seconds by arm triangle. I did pretty well in grappling competitions (better without the gi but it was tough even finding no-gi competitions close enough so most of them were in the gi). I only got to blue belt in bjj but would compete against purple a lot and sometimes even brown in the smaller tourneys where finding guys of similar size wasn't so easy. I played linebacker/safety at a Divison 2 college too so I'm an above average athlete for sure (or was anyway LOL).

I haven't set foot in an MMA or bjj gym in almost 9 years (tore my ACL and MCL-was second time for ACL, called it quits at that point).

To answer the CM Punk question: Pull me off the couch right now and he'd absolutely beat me. My cardio wouldn't hold up and for all the shit he gets for being a scrub (and by UFC standards he's about as scrub as it gets) he still trains at a top tier gym with elite guys. He showed he can take a punch in that last awful fight. He's not good, but no way am I rolling in right now and beating him (even with my size edge).

Give me 6 months to get back in real shape (I keep in shape but it's not the same as when you are training) and sharpen up again? Then yeah I probably would be fine. I'd be much bigger too though, I'm 220 right now and would be 205 or so in actual lean fighting shape.

I wonder how many will answer with yes without having gone through at least 1 training+sparring in a mma gym...

the guy looks bad on tv, but he still has trained every day multiple hours for more than a year, so to say you would have a realistic chance against him would either mean:

1) you are also training at least on a semi-professional level and can fairly self-evaluate your own skills, or
2) you are a freak of nature and can match a professional sportsman with only amateur- or even no skills, or, and I think this suites most guys who have answered with yes,
3) you are full of shit.

I honestly think I could. I’m bigger and stronger than him and I know I have better jiujitsu

not one that would beat CM punk

Is he really that high up there? We saw that he can't hang with the pros. Would he mop the floor with competitive fighters in an amateur circuit?
I don't dispute he'd have his way with untrained non-athletes like you or me.

I think I'd outstrike him for sure but he'd take the damage and I don't have the cardio to keep it up for more than a round, so he'd eventually just beat me fair and square. If he shot for a takedown from the off, he'd probably get me down and lay on me too.

I'm 43 and won my only ammy fight 11 years ago inside 90 seconds by arm triangle. I did pretty well in grappling competitions (better without the gi but it was tough even finding no-gi competitions close enough so most of them were in the gi). I only got to blue belt in bjj but would compete against purple a lot and sometimes even brown in the smaller tourneys where finding guys of similar size wasn't so easy. I played linebacker/safety at a Divison 2 college too so I'm an above average athlete for sure (or was anyway LOL).

I haven't set foot in an MMA or bjj gym in almost 9 years (tore my ACL and MCL-was second time for ACL, called it quits at that point).

To answer the CM Punk question: Pull me off the couch right now and he'd absolutely beat me. My cardio wouldn't hold up and for all the shit he gets for being a scrub (and by UFC standards he's about as scrub as it gets) he still trains at a top tier gym with elite guys. He showed he can take a punch in that last awful fight. He's not good, but no way am I rolling in right now and beating him (even with my size edge).

Give me 6 months to get back in real shape (I keep in shape but it's not the same as when you are training) and sharpen up again? Then yeah I probably would be fine. I'd be much bigger too though, I'm 220 right now and would be 205 or so in actual lean fighting shape.

Yeah, I feel similarly. I'm 32, used to be an amateur boxer for a few years and know how to kick from karate and TKD in my youth, and also did BJJ for a while, although I was only a white belt.

Nowadays, I just powerlift at the gym, shadow-box, and do some steady state cardio. However, while I can throw punches non-stop for a very long time without getting tired, grappling saps my cardio very, very quickly. (It's interesting how striking cardio and grappling cardio are so different)

If I had 3-6 months to just train my wrestling and BJJ, then yeah, I would beat CM Punk. I weigh around 215 pounds, but I don't think it would give me more than a small size advantage, since CM Punk used to weigh that much during his pro wrestling days when he got fat.

In a straight boxing match, I would destroy CM Punk right now getting off my couch.

Is he really that high up there? We saw that he can't hang with the pros. Would he mop the floor with competitive fighters in an amateur circuit?
I don't dispute he'd have his way with untrained non-athletes like you or me.

If you went to a regional show and he was in a random fight in the middle of the card you wouldn't think he looked woefully out of place. That's far removed from UFC level but far also far above the average person posting here.

Most people have no clue what the cardio aspect alone would be like. Unless you are pushing yourself in the gym 4-5 times per week (or more) you will gas out WAY more quickly than you think when any grappling takes place.

That's where most people here would likely fail. For all his obvious flaws as a fighter, he's the one at Roufusport every day grinding. How many guys on this site are putting that kind of work in? How many even could if they wanted to, having jobs and kids and stuff? He has enough $ that he can do it.

If you went to a regional show and he was in a random fight in the middle of the card you wouldn't think he looked woefully out of place. That's far removed from UFC level but far also far above the average person posting here.

Most people have no clue what the cardio aspect alone would be like. Unless you are pushing yourself in the gym 4-5 times per week (or more) you will gas out WAY more quickly than you think when any grappling takes place.

That's where most people here would likely fail. For all his obvious flaws as a fighter, he's the one at Roufusport every day grinding. How many guys on this site are putting that kind of work in? How many even could if they wanted to, having jobs and kids and stuff? He has enough $ that he can do it.

This is very true and important to keep in mind. On the flip-side, Punk had the luxury to train full-time at a top MMA camp for over 4.5 years.

Random Sherdoggers of average athleticism who have never even trained before would be a LOT better after that much time than what we saw from the former pro wrestler.

Back