Who here thinks they could KO McCarthy

Croatia_K1***

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The guy has non-existant stand-up. He can't even jab+reverse... seriously.. when you can't display day 1 boxing you should be kicked out of the UFC.

This isn't a keyboard warriorism thread but who here thinks they got better stand up

I predict 95 % of this sub forum has better stand up then captain miserable

thoughts?

I'm sure alot of guys on this forum could KO him.........in a boxing/kickboxing match. In a MMA match they are going to get worked hard and fast, most if not all that could KO him in a striking only deal.

alot of guys in mma cant box if that was the req ufc would be empty 85% of their guys cant box

In a kickboxing match? Maybe, I wouldn't put anything past an opponent.

I'm still pissed about that fight. He HAD the armbar but he let it go for some reason.

In pure stand up Id fancy my chances. Im at a similar weight anyway. In MMA, I have no training outside of kickboxing so unless I somehow have a huge sprawl then I think Id be on my back very quickly

I'm still pissed about that fight. He HAD the armbar but he let it go for some reason.

Maybe because Bisping had his arm bent and McCarthy gassed for trying to long and not being able to get it?

Did u lose money on the fight or something?

I don't think I would fair too poorly against him in a straight Muay Thai match. Though who knows maybe he isn't too horrible at a straight standup match either. There is a lot to think about in an MMA match.

The guy has non-existant stand-up. He can't even jab+reverse... seriously.. when you can't display day 1 boxing you should be kicked out of the UFC.

This isn't a keyboard warriorism thread but who here thinks they got better stand up

I predict 95 % of this sub forum has better stand up then captain miserable

thoughts?

I think you should try out for the next season of TUF.

I bet I could but then I don't think I would have a problem with standup against half the losers UFC feeds its up and comers. Of course I'm also dumb enough to think I could KO lots of people. LOL

Idk man, Crazy Horse's arms are freaky strong from jacking off cuz he ain't got no woman.

Could KO McCarthy? Hell, I did five minutes ago. I threw a punch from Canada and I am pretty sure he went down.:icon_lol:

Seriously, it wasn't that bad of a standup display. I just think he had a terrible strategy. He basically got hit with one clean shot and that put him down. All the punches, before he got the double, landed on his forarms.

i think i have better standup (hands) than him; but i don't have the power to ko him, but he is a pro fighter and trains w/other pros so i have to assume that he could handle a recreational mma guy

he was afraid to extend it in that position for fear of losing it is my guess, couldn't pull the trigger when it mattered

To say you could KO McCarthy is quite a big thing. It's not as easy to KO anyone and McCarthy at least has decent defence.

In pure boxing or kickboxing, i would say i could definitely hang with him and maybe win on points, but until you see him up close, it's hard to make bold predictions

Remember, just being on Sherdog increases your striking power tenfold. KO's all round for sure. lol.

Back