• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who has the Physical Gifts-Talent to Beat JDS???

HenDoGG

White Belt
Reaction score
Dis-regarding the 'on any given night' or 'punchers chance' odds.......

Who do you see that could possibly beat Dos Santos in the next 2 years???

Are they even a Top Heavy at this time, or will they emerge on the scene in the future?

I think Cain has the best chance......but we all know it is quite possible a repeat of their 1st fight. So if he loses.....man.....it may be tough......

1) Cain

2) Reem - best physical matchup.....but damn......the chin???

Thats it for the heavies........please fill in who I am excluding..........

Wild cards

Bones and Glover if and when they Move up????????? How close are Glover and JDS? Tex has the frame to add weight, but not sure if he will ever go to HW....

yeah.....Im reaching for straws......dont look like alot of people that can dethrone this arrogant champ.....

As in most talented athletes? Velasuquez and Cormier.
Overeem also has a serious chance of winning.

I don't think he's nearly as unbeatable as people think. The Reem will be a pretty tough match for him... He's been pretty one dimensional so far, relying on his boxing and KO power but he could easily get himself in trouble if he tries to get in a stand up war with a K1 champ. Overeem KOed Ironhead Fujita in one shot I'm sure he can KO JDS too.

Also we haven't really seen what he can do on the ground... If Cain or Cormier, or possibly even Bigfoot can slip a punch and get in on him and get the takedown he'll be in trouble

I think Cormier v JDS would be dynamite. And while this is a couple years away so we have no idea where guys will be, Jones could be a formidable opponent.

I would say DC, he is a freak athletic who can match JDS in speed and can get the fight to the ground.

Does TS not know who Daniel Cormier is?

I don't think he's nearly as unbeatable as people think. The Reem will be a pretty tough match for him... He's been pretty one dimensional so far, relying on his boxing and KO power but he could easily get himself in trouble if he tries to get in a stand up war with a K1 champ. Overeem KOed Ironhead Fujita in one shot I'm sure he can KO JDS too.

vrsj2u.gif

Dis-regarding the 'on any given night' or 'punchers chance' odds.......

Who do you see that could possibly beat Dos Santos in the next 2 years???

Are they even a Top Heavy at this time, or will they emerge on the scene in the future?

I think Cain has the best chance......but we all know it is quite possible a repeat of their 1st fight. So if he loses.....man.....it may be tough......

1) Cain

2) Reem - best physical matchup.....but damn......the chin???

Thats it for the heavies........please fill in who I am excluding..........

Wild cards

Bones and Glover if and when they Move up????????? How close are Glover and JDS? Tex has the frame to add weight, but not sure if he will ever go to HW....

yeah.....Im reaching for straws......dont look like alot of people that can dethrone this arrogant champ.....

Nothing wrong with being an arrogant champ if you get the job done but there are many fighters who can beat JDS at HW.

Reem
Cormier
Cain

The thing about JDS is that he relies on his hands/boxing heavily to win fights and that is the only way he wins. The issue is what happens when a fighter takes that element away and makes JDS have to beat them another way, I have my doubts.

I also think a few of the elite LHW's could beat JDS if he came down to LHW, not only jones at LHW. But the issue is that JDS is a very dominant fighter, it will take brains as well as skills to beat him.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with being an arrogant champ if you get the job done but there are many fighters who can beat JDS at HW.

Reem
Cormier
Cain
Werdum( by sub)

The thing about JDS is that he relies on his hands/boxing heavily to win fights and that is the only way he wins. The issue is what happens when a fighter takes that element away makes JDS have to beat you another way.

I also think a lot of LHW's could beat JDS if he came down to LHW, not only jones.

Agreed... so far he has been very one dimensional

So what... Reem took that knee no problem and won the fight. Besides, I've never seen JDS knee anyone ever. Tyrone Spong, Peter Aerts, Badr Hari and Gokhan Saki would all light JDS up in a stand up fight and Reem took em all

Last edited:
Overeem, Hunt and Cormier have the physical gifts and talents to beat JDS though I would only favor Overeem over JDS.

Overeem would be interesting. I'd also like to see Cormier in there.

If Overeem can't get it done though for whatever reason, JDS will probably have a hold on the division for a long time.

its not to say that the reem doesn't have the skills to win, but jds can take shots not just throw them, roy nelson has ko'd guys with his punches and jds took some good strikes from nelson, so unless the reem catches jds with a hard clean shot that puts him out, i think jds will keep coming forward eating most of the reems strikes and eventually catching him and winning by ko.

overeem could win by vicious knees if he can clinch jds and pull his head down into the knees, overeem has to watch out for jds coming at him with uppercuts and hooks, overeem may land some strikes but to beat jds your going to have to beat him by ko/tko or sub, cause chances are he's going to land a big shot sooner or later to win.

i'd like to see nelson and jds again, at least that went the distance, and nelson is in better shape now, he took jds punches, but nelson also has ko power so maybe in a rematch he'd catch jds and put him out...plus nelson has his bjj, nelson can learn from watching the first fight and work on his stand up he may very well have a chance at beating jds.

Back