Who Has The Best Hands In Middleweight History?

As long as a fighter isn't totally pillow-fisted, accuracy/timing >>> power

Therefore:
  1. Anderson Silva
  2. Israel Adesanya
  3. Kelvin Gastelum
  4. Gegard Mousasi
  5. Robert Whittaker
  6. Vitor Belfort
  7. Dan "the dinosaur" Henderson
  8. Paulo Costa
@pankrat what do you think of that list?

Pretty solid list imo

What?
Silva > Belfort
If you are talking about statistics, it depends. Although I never said the opposite - I really think Spider mix it better because he is more complete striker than Belfort -, Belfort has a higher percentage of KO/TKO compared to his wins than Spider. Something like 5% better, but IS better.

So, in which points do you claim something like that?

If we are talking about pure hands, Belfort's hands techique, speed AND power were better than Spider's. Spider is only better in accuracy.

Anderson had the best striking. But in terms of just pure hands, i'd give it Vitor..

ShabbyRealisticGharial-size_restricted.gif

LOL. Baroni must have the best hands in mma then.

If you are talking about statistics, it depends. Although I never said the opposite - I really think Spider mix it better because he is more complete striker than Belfort -, Belfort has a higher percentage of KO/TKO compared to his wins than Spider. Something like 5% better, but IS better.

So, in which points do you claim something like that?

If we are talking about pure hands, Belfort's hands techique, speed AND power were better than Spider's. Spider is only better in accuracy.
Hmm.. i just think accuracy is the most important thing in striking and while Anderson's power and speed have been inferior to Belfort's, Silva's hands were still fast and powerful, that's why i rate Anderson so highly compared to Belfort.

Pure Hands? Prime Nick Diaz boxing seemed very effective.

Costas Phillipou deserves a mention here. Guy wasn't well rounded but he had great hands.

Rockhold relied on kicks and Moose stuck to his wrestling. He was a legit threat with his hands.

Gastelum.
The guy has one of the best 1-2s on the current roster, with Conor gone, possibly even the best one, especially since Gastelum (compared to Conor) never fights with a reach advantage.

People are sadly often deceived by his record, but the guy has great boxing.

Back