• Marvin Vettori

• Mark Hunt

• Max Holloway

• Roy Nelson

• John Lineker

• Carlos Condit

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of course it has to be a HW. Gtfo with that p4p chin bs.

Hunt thoroughly dominated the stand up for that fight. Roy Nelson couldn't even land anything significant.

That doesnt mean anything lol. Especially if the other person does not land

elmo-sesame-street.gif

It was Hunt but he finally got KO’ed clean.

It’s Condit for me. 46 fights, never KO’ed. he does have one TKO loss but he’s never been out cold.

In terms of physical impact and force, Mark Hunt leaned in and ate Cro Cops high kick, ducked into a juiced up Werdums flying knee and was conscious, ate Prime JDS best shots took insane punishment in that one.

Meisha Tate. Got dropped once early in her career then never really again. She eats a lot of strikes to the face.

Wait, whose premise?
Telling me you haven’t seen Melvin Manhoef fight with telling me. For instance that fight with Robbie wasn’t going the distance. Robbie also respected Melvin’s power which says more about that fight than a lack of elite power.

Telling me you haven’t seen Melvin Manhoef fight with telling me. For instance that fight with Robbie wasn’t going the distance. Robbie also respected Melvin’s power which says more about that fight than a lack of elite power.

What? You might have responded to the wrong person.

Mark Hunt. Why are we even debating this? Having a goat tier chin at HW is the stuff of legend.

funny thing is Mark Hunt has faceplanted Roy with one of the most casual uppercuts i ever seen. the other reason is because Mark Hunt has probably taken some of the biggest shots in the history of combat sports and not just eaten them but most of the time didn't even really blink.
tumblr_olzvhfRfVs1r7vh24o1_540.gif
Or he smiled and seemingly asked for more like in his fight against Sefo.

Diaz bros and Condit have a very reckless fighting style and I don’t think I’ve seen them get out cold.

Anderson Silva chin is actually underrated. He’s been hit hard but sometimes you don’t notice cause he won’t even flinch. He only really did start getting dropped when he was old and past his prime.

Dan Henderson deserve a mention here considering the amount of tough guys he’s fought. Wasn’t until he was 43 and against TRT Rex Vitor where he finally got ko’d.

People like Nelson and Hunt do have iron chins but they been cracked. Fighting at HW though is where really anyone can get knocked out. I’ve still seen both take massive shots and sometimes wonder how they even still alive yet they won’t even drop.

Chuck Liddell actually had an iron chin that people forget about mostly cause late in his career his chin was completely gone.

Jon Jones has been said to have a good chin but is somewhat overrated. It’s obviously not bad but more so he’s never really been hit hard much in his career.

Last edited:
In absolute terms?
Hunt, Nelson, Blagoi, Ngannou, Rumble, JDS, DC, Jones, Carwin, BigNog

In we add relative to weight, then: Max, Khabib, Cruz, Yan, Vettori

Rampage had a super underrated chin.

Also Roy Nelson got turned into a pile of pancake mix by hunt.

Roy took a gazillion bombs from prime JDS.

My vote

1 Hunt
2 Roy
3 Maybe Hendo

Max is a 5'10 guy fighting 145ers. They can't hurt him that much. But does have a very good chin. As displayed in the second DP fight.

Also Diaz bros.

Absolute, has to be Nelson
Took full swing blows from BB, JDS, Mitch Michrione, Reem and kept standing
In his prime, he only got downed by a lazer right from Arlovski
Adjusted for weight, Condit and Max stand out for me
Prime Frankie Edgar and BJ deserve a shout

My opinion

1. Marvin Vettori
2. Mark Hunt
3. Max Holloway
4. Roy Nelson
5. John Lineker
6. Carlos Condit

so many good chins...its too hard to tell ...because of the angles and we can't really know which had the most impact...

Liddell(a time it was unreal) Fedor ( in his prime) Hendo (no brainer) Rampage, Tui( no brainer) , Ken Shamrock(underrated chin), Roy Nelson(no brainer), Oleg Taktarov( he was like iron chin), Nicke Diaz and Nate(zombie virus is real), ..but so many really...these were all great chins..and many others I am sure..Mark Hunt of course...and others.

I'm sure others have already posted this but Dan Henderson deserves a big nod.....dude went 90% of his career without getting KOd/TKOd until he ran into TRT Belfort.

Fought some big hitters across a range of weight. P4P one of the best chins of all-time imo.

Until Max gets dropped in a fight he's got the title for me.

Of course it has to be a HW. Gtfo with that p4p chin bs.

this. HW is the only division that matters to be honest

however - and maybe this is just because i'm not Samoan - but i do not understand how guys like Hunt and Sefo can exchange shots and hit each other full on, and be smiling and asking for more. it;s like some guys get enjoyment out of eating big shots and flexing their granite chins...but even granite chins are worn down to dust fighting this way

Back