Who has had a 10-10 round?

JayPrimo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I see alot of people pointing a Jones-DC round 10-10, and I wanted to ask which two fighters have had a truely scored 10-10 round?

I have been watching mainstream cagefighting for a long time now, and off the top of my head can't recall ever seeing a 10-10 round.

Hopefully this discussion can be a nice outlet for those tired of Jones, DC, and Conor threads

A lot of rounds SHOULD be scored 10-10, but America's obsession with having a definite result ruins that completely.

A lot of rounds SHOULD be scored 10-10, but America's obsession with having a definite result ruins that completely.

Not on topic, really, but you could just as well argue that giving out more 10-10 rounds as a general guideline would lead to lazyness in judging; "round was pretty close, let's make it a 10-10".

Ovince St. Preux v Gian Villante was scored 30-29 by one judge (10-9, 10-10, 10-10)

If I remember rightly, one of the judges scored one round of Hendricks Lawler 1 a 10-10. Apart from that, it's never, ever used and never should be.

What does America have to do with it? They don't give out 10-10 rounds when they go other places either.

Anyway I can't remember any 10-10 rounds ever

I think they should be used more. I have certainly seen fights where neither fighter edged a round. A 10-10 is better than flipping a coin, especially when fighters life is base on winning.

Lets take an example where fighter A and fighter B have an extremely close round. A judge gives it to fighter B but was really just flipping a coin in his head. Next round fighter A clearly edges out fighter B and the score cards are even. That's just not right

10-10 rounds have been scored numerous times. This list is from 2011 and under and only Hendricks vs Lawler from last year is included so last 3-4 years are missing for the most part. Also added Ovince St. Preux v Gian Villante from ufc 159 as one of the posters mentioned above.

UFC 171: Hendricks/Lawler
UFC 159: Ovince St. Preux/Gian Villante
UFC 127: Siver/Sotiropoulous
UFC 115: Wilks/Sobotta
UFC 105: Hardy/Swick
UFC 97: Silva/Leites
UFC 95: Kelly/Mandaloniz
UFC 86: Koscheck/Lytle
UFN 12: Swick/Burkman
UFN 5: Goulet/Cummo
UFN 5: Evans/Bonnar
The Ultimate Fighter Finale - Hoger/Southworth
UFC 43: White/Freeman
UFC 41: Penn/Uno
UFC 39: Lindland/Salaverry
UFC 37: Uno/Edwards
UFC 33: Pulver/Hallman
UFC 33: Serra/Edwards

Agreed. This might lead to more draws, but let's be honest, some fights are extremely close and nearly impossible to objectively score.

Not on topic, really, but you could just as well argue that giving out more 10-10 rounds as a general guideline would lead to lazyness in judging; "round was pretty close, let's make it a 10-10".

Agreed. That's the biggest negative by far.

Kimbo vs. Alexander Round 1

Don't remind me of that fight.

mn2elh.gif

Don't remind me of that fight.

mn2elh.gif

Lmfao man that shit is a great gif.

Now that we're talking about it my memory is getting jogged on a few fights where my cousins and me were left scratching our heads cause the score only makes sense with a 10-10 round, i just can't remember the specific fighter involved

I was always under the impression a round needed a winner and loser regardless of how close it seemed. Somebody always lands at least 1 more punch or kicks, or even if they stand and look at each other, the guy in the center has had octagon control, you know

We should never have a 10-10 round. We should have more 10-8 rounds though.

We should never have a 10-10 round. We should have more 10-8 rounds though.

I agree, then you also need better standards on what constitutes a 10-8 round. MMA truly needs it's own set of guidelines especially when it comes to the 10 pt Must system instead of just getting grouped in by the AC

Back