Who got snubbed for a title shot worse, Hendricks, Bader or Assuacao?

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Obviously all three are the rightful next contenders.

Bader- Literally was set to face the now champion in a 5 round main event, He was snubbed for someone that lost in 2 minutes to the person the current champion beat for the title. Snubbery at it's finest.
Hendricks- By all accounts (outside 2 judges that were distracted by whatever was in the arena during the 2nd fight) Hendricks has beaten Robbie Lawler twice Id go as far as to say its not debatable (so would most media scorecards). Hendricks is a bit of a douche and people love Robbie so of course no one holds for Hendricks even after he beats Matt Brown, and is about to be passed over for Condiut. Snub.

My pick is Assuenco sorry for spelling his name wrong, but the guy has the longest winning streak at 135 which is dreadfully thin AND BEAT THE CHAMPION! The fight while debatable is by no means a robbery like lets Hendricks vs. Lawler 2. How Cruz can come off the bench and win one fight then re injure himself just doing regular training and being shelfed for another year and still be called number 1 contender is just silly. We have the most marketable rematch available to us, and its being passed over.

Who do think got snubbed the worst, one of these guys, maybe JDS for a Werdrum rematch, maybe Jacare at middleweight? Maybe someone i completely missed.

Assuncao, he hasn't lost since 2011 undefeated at Bantamweight and has the longest winning streak out of the three. Also has already defeated the Bantamweight Champion in T.J Dillashaw.

Bader.

I think Assuncao has been injured, and maybe still is.

Hendricks before fighting GSP. That's the worst snubbing for a title shot ever. The dude basically cleaned out the division before getting to the title.

I agree Bader got snubbed, Gus should at least win a fight before he gets a title shot, I'm a fan of his but its the truth. Hendricks wins one more fight and Lawler gets through Condit and we'll see the third fight, I'm okay with the UFC going slow as they usually rush trilogies. Assuncao is hurt as far as I know, and if you think that's a more marketable fight than Cruz then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

Hendricks didn't get snubbed. He doesnt deserve a rematch. Hendricks isnt even an exciting fighter. All of his biggest wins have been lay n pray.

The last Lawler fight, Hendricks just buried his head for 3 rounds and held on.

Hendricks didn't get snubbed. He doesnt deserve a rematch. Hendricks isnt even an exciting fighter. All of his biggest wins have been lay n pray.

The last Lawler fight, Hendricks just buried his head for 3 rounds and held on.

None of those are reasons for him not to get the third fight tbh. Go home, casual.

Hendricks, beat the champ once, many thought he did the second time, beat the guy challenging him.

Not even THAT boring, all those fights had more aggressive stand up in them than most of GSP's title run. Hendricks simply ran afoul of Georges fanboys and was doomed to being hated from that point on.

Bader doesn't get to fight for the belt because no one wants to see him fight and he's never beaten a top 5 fighter or shown he can hang with top guys at LHW. Can't even remember his last exciting win.

Grey Maynard should've had a shot before frankie

Have we even actually gotten confirmation that Cruz is getting the next title shot?

I agree Bader got snubbed, Gus should at least win a fight before he gets a title shot, I'm a fan of his but its the truth. Hendricks wins one more fight and Lawler gets through Condit and we'll see the third fight, I'm okay with the UFC going slow as they usually rush trilogies. Assuncao is hurt as far as I know, and if you think that's a more marketable fight than Cruz then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

Thats exactly the reason Gus got his title shot over Bader.

Thats exactly the reason Gus got his title shot over Bader.

No kidding. I don't particularly think Assuncao is getting snubbed here, though, not if he's hurt. If he's ready to fight significantly before Cruz and they keep Dillashaw on the shelf for that Cruz fight then he's getting snubbed. if they're both healthy at the same time well...Cruz never lost his belt he deserves a shot at it.

bader should've gotten his shot by default. it's kind of silly that he didn't. considering the guy fighting in his place got demolished in his last fight.

hendricks has had three title fights and is danger close to the fourth. no snubbery there.

assuacao deserves a shot but not more so than the champ. cruz gets first crack if he can heal up in time.

Bader for sure IMO, was scheduled to fight Cormier for #1 contender before the whole Jones disaster, has won 4 straight (OSP and Davis included), Gus just was KOd in round 1 by a guy who was pretty dominated by DC.

Should be
Cormier vs Bader
Gus vs OSP
Evans vs Teixeira
Johnson vs Manuwa

Back