Who else always turns on TNT's A Christmas Story marathon at some point every year?

G

Guestx

I woke up this morning, turned on the TV, set it to TNT and have just been letting it loop. It's on the second run-through of A Christmas Story right now.

I think every year, either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, I will turn the dial to TNT at some point to catch the marathon. I may not watch the movie all the way through--usually I just have it on in the background--but it's pretty much inevitable that I will turn it on at some point.

Anyone else with me on this?

achristmas-story-1983.jpg

I'm actually getting sicker and sicker of it every year.

Every year...

And it remindes me I need to but a leg lamp, but for whatever reason I never buy the damn leg lamp... One day though...

I've had it on since I got home last night, even when I slept

Made a thread earlier talking about how the fact that theres no Christmas Vacation marathon proves that Story is the superior film but some bitch ass nazi mod deleted it

I have been watching the crappy Christmas movies on freeform and hallmark a lot of them starring DJ tanner.

I'm watching it for the third time. Gonna out on Die Hard when my dementia-ridden Grandpa falls asleep.

I do. I already watched it once today.

Last edited:
Made a thread earlier talking about how the fact that theres no Christmas Vacation marathon proves that Story is the superior film but some bitch ass nazi mod deleted it

I do love A Christmas Story . . . but I hate the be the bearer of bad news. Christmas Vacation is probably the GOAT Christmas film.

I do love A Christmas Story . . . but I hate the be the bearer of bad news. Christmas Vacation is probably the GOAT Christmas film.
If that was true it would have its own marathon
It doesnt
Cant argue with facts
Case closed

I have been watching the crappy Christmas movies on freeform and hallmark a lot of them starring DJ tanner.

The thing that pisses me off about Freeform is that they edit their movies for content.

I started watching Christmas Vacation on there the other day and about three minutes in the scene comes on where they're in the car and dealing with the hillbillies in the truck.

Clark goes, "Look, kids! A deer!" . . . and then nothing happens. I knew that Clark was supposed to flip off the guys in the truck but Freeform edited it out.

That's when I was like NOPE! and turned it off. I later found an unedited copy.

Back