Who do you think will become a star this year?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
In 2018 Cejudo eeked a decision out vs MM. Then he TKOd TJ in 2019 and also proceeded to finish Moraes, this propelled his career and made him a star.

Also, we witnessed the resurgence of Masvidal and a spectacular year for Adesanya which made him a superstar.

This year, we maybe get some more fighters who break out and become stars for the promotion.

Off the top of my head, I think Edmen can have a huge year in 2020 given how good the guy is. If he finishes Brunson in spectacular fashion (which I'm predicting), then Shebazyen may have a break out year.

Also, the hype around Zabit has been there for a while. The guy has an exciting style and already a cult like following already with a few million followers and if he has a great performance against Ortega, we may see Zabit in the limelight.

To throw in another one, Reyes is now on everyone's radar and if a Jones rematch were to take place this year , he could become a star with a finish over Jon.

What do you think?
Who in your opinion, can/is poised to become a star this year in the UFC?

D0ceLJfUwAAAzEP.jpg

Triple C is a star?

A white dwarf? Dude needs to fight again

It takes a lot of energy to be a rockstar <Goldie11>

Blaydes Shahbazyan Yan Zhang

Last edited:
Geoff Neal, this guy is super skilled and has some of the most crisp hands I seen in UFC in a while. I could see him being a champ in the future. 2020 is probably way too soon for champ stuff, but I think he will have lots of big fights and win them all

Don’t forget Weill zhang, who could have a stellar 2020 if she holds onto the belt and avoids injuries

Geoff Neal, this guy is super skilled and has some of the most crisp hands I seen in UFC in a while. I could see him being a champ in the future. 2020 is probably way too soon for champ stuff, but I think he will have lots of big fights and win them all
Good call. Can't believe I missed him.
Dude is a fucking stud.

Lol the guy gets winded walking to the octagon, and actively avoids 5 round fights.

The only reason you're white knighting him is your strange obsession with Dagestan.

among those not already mentioned, paulo costa could become a star in 2020.

Ma Boi Costa aka Natty Goat aka Natty God.

and yeah also on the Zabit Hype Train. FW is the most stacked Divison at the Moment and Zabit is going to be the Godfather of that Division.

Sean O’Malley. Guy fought like twice in UFC and already has half a mil followers on insta. He has a fight coming up and with a great finish he could be propped into stardom.

lol@people naming Costa, Cejudo and Weili. They're already stars every casual knows.

Geoff Neal and Edmen are good answers. They're breaking out this year for sure.

Mean Hakeem seems to be getting a push from the UFC to be the next Western Canadian Thing(Alberta/BC/Sask are all pretty tight in terms of culture and martial arts)
He has the skills to strike with most of the division and beat Bockniak more impressively than Zabit did, he can be boring though and that may lead to the UFC giving up marketing him.

Back