who do you think will be the biggest active names in the UFC after mcgregor retires?

Khabib already has the second most fans of any active ufc fighter internationally (mainly in the Eastern bloc countries), if he beats Conor he'll get that exposure in the US of course and other countries worldwide easily making him the biggest fighter.

DC has turned into a pretty big star, slowly but surely. He'll be a draw until he retires.

UFC is pushing Ortega really hard. If Aldo gets another W, he's in the Robbie Lawler comeback storyline, which sells well.

I think UFC needs to go back to bread-and-butter promotion instead of jumping on the next new bandwagon. There are plenty of intriguing fights, entertaining fighters, and interesting storylines. You have Bruce Leeroys and Maias and Makdessis and Pettises (literally plural) and Lawlers and Cowboys and Krylovs and Gus Davidsons and Felders and Adesanyas and Halls and Perrys and Dodsons and Dillashaws and Stipes and Black Beasts and ... well, you get the idea. I could name 20 - 30 more fun fighters right off the top of my head.

Guys don't have to be THE NEXT HUGE STAR to get people to want to watch. Shit, my list of *can't miss* fighters over the years has included guys like Diego Brandao and Dennis Siver.

Sell the existing guys, the existing storylines, the upcoming fights, and stop ramming PVZ's fake tits down my throat. Wait, that didn't come out right.

Correct about Costa. Correct about Hardy.
Covington has already been proven as a failure of attraction.

I'd add Sage. Kid finally starts to approve and he's a known draw.
Colby is tapping into dat MAGA crowd, just like Roseanne did. Look at his picture with Trump and the hits he got. The reception of him is changing now, big time, regardless of what one thinks of him or Trump.

125: Cejudo if he beats DJ in a rematch and keeps the belt for awhile, plus fights the 135lb Champ.. he could be a star with the Hispanic crowd and with young College and International Wrestlers. But I think Ortiz beats Cejudo if they fight. I also think DJ beats Cejudo easily in a rematch.

135: The UFC was banking on Cody to be one of the next stars, but with his two losses to TJ, he needs to win a few more fights, finally beat TJ, get the belt back and defend it for awhile, before he becomes that "mega star" that the UFC once hoped he would be.. he's still young, so it could happen.

145: Max was on the way to becoming the next star, and a win over Ortega and then a run at the 155 belt, would have solidified that. But with his unknown injury, we don't know if Max will be the same.. only time will tell with Max and the level of his fame. If Ortega gets the belt, and goes on a run defending it, then goes up to 155lb wins and eventually gets that belt, that kid could possibly become a huge star in the UFC. At Staples over the weekend, he received the biggest applause from the crowd, and was constantly being asked to sign autographs.

155: If Khabib beats Conor, he is prob the next big star in the UFC. He is already huge in Russia/Eastern Blocc countries, NY, plus very well received in the SF Bay Area and Nor*Cal, and slowly becoming a known name to those outside of the MMA community of fans and casuals. But I think Gillespie beats him at 155 if they ever fight. If Nate beats Dustin and wins the third fight with Conor, Nate will ride off into the sunset as one of the biggest stars in the UFC.

170: If Holland comes down to WW from MW, can put a long winning streak together and win the belt in doing so, that kid is going to be a star. In LA, celebs were still talking about him after his fight and fans in attendance took to his in cage demeanor, even though he lost the fight.

185: If Whittaker wasn't getting injured everytime he fought, he would already be a star in the making, but as of now, he wins and then can't market himself nor can the UFC, because he's injured and recovering. I believe Adesanya or Costa, could either be the next star in the division and in the UFC, but both need to fight more, keep winning, win the belt and fight one another.

205: I still think it's odd that DC hasn't become a bigger star then he is.. But for whatever reason, he hasn't caught on with the masses like one who is a fan of him, would've expected. Had Tyson Pedro not lost the fights he's lost, I think he had potential to be a star, but as of now, I don't see it happening like so.

HW: If Tai wins the belt, and defends it longer then Stipe did, he is going to be a huge star internationally. He is already well received in the states, parts of Europe and obviously in Aus, plus New Zealand. He has that personality and charisma that mma fans, casuals and celebs can take to. Plus, he's a finisher in the cage. If he continues to develope his skill set, and work on his cardio, he will go far in MMA.

WMMA: Rose needs to market herself a bit more, the UFC needs to do so also. In LA, she was acting more loose, and seemed to be having fun in the crowd and while out and about. That's the side of herself, that most don't see often. That loose side, plus her usual stoic demeanor during fight week and her continuing to win in the cage, should make her the next big women's MMA star.. plus if she goes up to 125 and wins that belt, then she would be the first women's UFC double Champ.

Colby won't last . Tries to hard and no way near as popular as sonnen
Stipe and khabib

Every champion and their top contenders should be

I predict that the UFC will go all out and start to sign several cross sports stars into MMA. I think 2019 may be the year that a big name boxer or two as well as some more NFL players and shove the (A level athlete schtick) down our throats. After Tyson Fury KO's Deontey Wilder and then Anthony Joshua, and unifies the titles, Dana brings him in and he obliterates the UFC HW division becoming the first true deity in MMA.

these 2

14268965_308687419494951_1126057726_n.jpg

Tai would be drinking out of a straw in the hospital not a boot

I hope the UFC is not letting Tai Tuvasa the fucking marketing prodigy not get some decent promotion. The Titanic theme coming out and backing it up later, that was epic.

Everyone hating on the King of Brazil. The UFC for some gaytard reason decided after other large title shot main events got fucked over time for Tyronda to defend her belt after a June 9th fight of Colby winning the interim belt by not an overwhelming performance, but a convincing performance against RDA. Certainly more convincing than Lamein Maia. Colby will fight winner of Darrius and Tyronda, which will never happen because we all know Till will not make weight, and then it will be King Of Brazil era.

Paulo Costa is for real but that gunslinger, dick punching, eye poking bull shit works on Uriah Hall because he was only good in TUF and LUCKY ASS TKO of Gegard, but top 5, not a chance. It is my clairvoyance that tells me Yoel will retire this kid. The UFC sent this sheep out to graze WAY too early.

Khabib is going to have to fight some real motherfuckers like Conor and Tony to put me on the Khabib train. That or if Khabib got out of the damn bus and fought McGregor he would get automatic pass despite not finishing a real estate agent for some kind of belt. But nobody will match the brilliance and fucking pageantry of Conor.

Khabib, Lee, Till, Adesanya, Costa

Last edited:
I disagree with all the picks. Tuivasa will Never reach casuals, Colvington is a tryhard dork still pushing 50k on Tweeter, Costa and Khabib are too streak dependant, Sage I will never forget the loss to that Gall dumbass. I don’t know man. TJ? Till? Adesanya? Whatever, this thread hurts my feelings.

Hardy only has 2 pro fights and 3 amateur fights.

It's too soon to determine if he will go anywhere in the UFC. It's easy to smash cans. Look at guys like Fedor and Khabib's records.

We have had several guys come from football backgrounds with undefeated pro records go belly up in the UFC.

Brad Imes
Brandon Schaub
Matt Mitrione

All guys who played football either collegiate or semi-pro. All ended up going nowhere in the UFC.

Last edited:
Back