• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you think is the current best MW in the world: Romero, Whittaker or Mousasi?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
These are the top 3 MWs in the world. Now the wide consensus(64%) is that Whittaker did not win that fight [0] and the majority of the media scored the fight for Romero [1].

At the same time, many people think Gegard's dutch kickboxing along with his slick jab would give the Australian a lot of problems, it would be at least a very competitive bout. Mousasi vs Yoel is also intriguing but the Dutchman himself says it is a bad matchup for him.

I think Yoel is currently the #1 MW in the world, #2 being a tossup between the other two men. Thoughts?

[0] http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/who-won-robert-whittaker-or-yoel-romero.3779209/
[1] http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/9134/Robert-Whittaker-vs-Yoel-Romero

1) 64% is not "consensus".
2) Whittaker.
3) Mousasi is overrated.

Mousasi's not even in the conversation.

Whittaker & Romero beat him convincingly.

Only 2 of the guys listed are middleweight and the other guy is 1-2 in their last 3. I’ll take Whitaker over Gegard

I am going to say Whitaker. 2 wins over Romero and a convincing win over Jacare, overall 8 fight win streak at MW

Moose , is that even a question
10171099.jpg

Romero wasn't a MW for a long while now so that automatically eliminates him even though I thought he won the rematch.

About Mousasi... I'm not a UFC shill at all but Whitaker does have better wins
in last couple of years doesn't he? So its gotta be him.

Whitaker... but the other two are close. But sucks that we were close to finding out if Mousasi belonged at the top in the UFC... Also. #Hespect Whitaker vs Romero II was top-tier... Hoping that Mousasi vs McDonald is too.

Gegard is a good fighter but #1? For beating post USADA Weidman? Or barely scraping by a journeyman in Schlemenko?

I dont understand why he is even in the discussion.

The guy who holds the UFC title, beat Jacare and Romero twice.

I mean if you want to say you think Romero beat Whittaker and he's the best thats fine but GTFOH with Mousasi, he hasnt beaten any of the top MW and isnt even in UFC to fight hte best anymore.

Gegard is a good fighter but #1? For beating post USADA Weidman? Or barely scraping by a journeyman in Schlemenko?

Mousasi is criminally underrated, he hasn't had a legit loss since 2014 against Jacare (Hall loss was a fluke)

Because he left the UFC and now doesnt have the fight the best and prove it suddenly he's the GOAT. He fought mid level MW in UFC, got KTFO by Hall, lost to Jacare, had a controversial win over Weidman that should have been a NC and then lost to Storm, he lost that fight.

Mousasi aint in the running for number 1 MW.

Mousasi is criminally underrated, he hasn't had a legit loss since 2014 against Jacare (Hall loss was a fluke)

Pretty sure Hall meant to hurt Moose with that spin kick that led to a KO. Not a fluke at all. A fluke would be Hall tripping and while flailing his arms trying to regain his balance, clipping Moose on the chin and KOing him.

Whittaker is the best by the way. Romero a very close second.

He was kicked in the face and KTFO. Even if you can say that it is not likely to happen again, it is sure as shit legit. I'd also point out he hasnt fought anyone close to the top since 2014 either.

I'm not saying he isnt good. Even current Weidman and Carvalho are good wins. #1 though? That's beyond a stretch. We havent seen him beat the likes of Whittaker, Yoel, Jacare, or Luke.

Sleeping on Jacare. I scored the Jacare/Gastellun fight for Jacare. And Jacare has a finish over Mousasi and very very close fight with Romero. Which he ended in control.

Because he left the UFC and now doesnt have the fight the best and prove it suddenly he's the GOAT. He fought mid level MW in UFC, got KTFO by Hall, lost to Jacare, had a controversial win over Weidman that should have been a NC and then lost to Storm, he lost that fight.

Mousasi aint in the running for number 1 MW.
and Whittaker got ktfo by a welterweight

if you're not a complete idiot you'd understand that everyone at the top is in the running. it's simply about who turns in the better performance at a given night and who even gets a shot
imo Moose would've squashed Whittaker, but he goes 5/10 with romero at best.

you rankings whores are even more retarded than the fanboys you're calling out at this point.

Back