Who do you see being the next 135lb champ after Ronda?

for those who watched ronda work with jessica on the episode she fought, you saw ronda having trouble avoiding jessica's punches. and by 2 separate reports, that was actually the part where ronda looked best. apparently jessica tore her up on the feet.

Jessica would wreck Ronda standing up even with 1 arm. Wait, that's basically what happened there.

Hope she's getting some good ground game implemented. Can't wait to see Jessica fight in the UFC.

Bryan Carraway :icon_idea

** Dammit someone mentioned it b4 me

I'm hoping the next dominant champ is the girlrilla. She had me at the name, locked me down in her debut.

No shit! :icon_lol:

I'm not sure if you're using sarcasm but the guy you replied to most likely was. Cyborg was under contract when they bought Strikeforce and she could have fought in Invicta with a UFC contract (and probably get paid more). But stupid Tito rather have her leave Dana's control and sign a worst independent deal with Invicta.

I haven't seen enough women's fights to make any assessment, but I'm gonna go out on a whim and say Zingano.

Whatever woman is lucky enough to string together a few solid punches. Could be Cat, could be someone currently working at Walmart.

Yeah, because women suck! It's not like some homeless dude will KO Anderson Silva.

That Jessica girl had some really on point striking, and her ground game looks like it's not terrible either. Too bad she's so old already, I would love her 10 years younger.

Dana white will fold women's mma after Honda loses

for those who watched ronda work with jessica on the episode she fought, you saw ronda having trouble avoiding jessica's punches. and by 2 separate reports, that was actually the part where ronda looked best. apparently jessica tore her up on the feet.
In a boxing match Rackozy would decisively beat Rousey. Perhaps even knock her out cold. But an MMA match between Rousey and Rackozy would look something like Rousey vs Kaufman. It would likely last as long.

Dana protects Ronda too much to sign Cyborg, imo.

You've just destroyed any credibility that you might have in regards to WMMA knowledge, buddy.

The same applies to anyone else in this thread who STILL think they will live to see Cyborg competing at 135.

The mere sighting of an ex-Pancrase Rin Nakai in our lifetime is infinitely more probable than a BW Cyborg.

Rousey is far better than people give her credit for. The only ones who have a hope are McMann and cyborg, and that's no guarantee.

I am hoping no one and they scrap wmma in the ufc

I'm not sure if you're using sarcasm but the guy you replied to most likely was. Cyborg was under contract when they bought Strikeforce and she could have fought in Invicta with a UFC contract (and probably get paid more). But stupid Tito rather have her leave Dana's control and sign a worst independent deal with Invicta.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

I know she was under contract when they bought Strikeforce, but times haves changed and Ronda's image has a lot more value than before, that's why I said Dana won't sign Cyborg anytime soon.

You've just destroyed any credibility that you might have in regards to WMMA knowledge, buddy.

The same applies to anyone else in this thread who STILL think they will live to see Cyborg competing at 135.

The mere sighting of an ex-Pancrase Rin Nakai in our lifetime is infinitely more probable than a BW Cyborg.

Why is that?
What is wrong with what I wrote?
Times have changed, Ronda's image is much more marketable than Strikeforce years, imo, that's why I think there's higher risks in signing Cyborg to fight Ronda.

Peace.

EDIT: Wouldn't you like to see Cyborg vs. Rousey?

Last edited:
Back