Who do you see as a bigger threat to Jones, Overeem or Werdum?

Uncommon Valor

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
image_crop.php

or

image_crop.php

Werdum,

He's been more effective than Reem with striking in recent times, his clinch is nasty, his bjj would nulify Jones's top game..

He's actually a pretty good foil for Jones's strengths.

Jones striking is strategically geared to fight smaller fighters, he throws out a lot of agitating stabs at the knees and other points, fighters his height are going straight for the jaw..

Werdum has good striking and some power too.. could be trouble, Werdum is ageing though

Last edited:
Hard to say. Werdum is very tough due to his massive advantage on the ground and his size and striking to stand with Jones potentially.

Overeem is bigger than Jones with excellent TDD and much more dangerous on the feet with a bad chin but that shouldn't matter against Jones.

I'd rather fight Werdum if I was Jones.

I remember in one of the ultimate fighter shows one of the competitors who was a no body was sparring with Jones, showed Jones shoot in on him and the guy got a front guillotine and choked Jones out. So Werdum I would say would catch him on the ground, if it got there.

Werdum. He's capable standing and a massive threat if Jones decides to take it to the ground.

I think Jones takes Overeem down too easily and nullifies his striking.

Overeem is bigger than Jones with excellent TDD and much more dangerous on the feet with a bad chin but that shouldn't matter against Jones.

Lol at the guy who got KTFO by bigfoot and rothwell being dangerous on the feet

I remember in one of the ultimate fighter shows one of the competitors who was a no body was sparring with Jones, showed Jones shoot in on him and the guy got a front guillotine and choked Jones out. So Werdum I would say would catch him on the ground, if it got there.
Wow I don't recall that
Uncrowned champ or what haha

Overeem, he has the better striking than Werdum. His take down defense is also quite good, probably good enough to defense against Jones.
I think Overeem can out strike Jones.

The Overeem that beat JDS looked amazing. But that fight only lasted two rounds. When it comes to 4th and 5th rounds Reem would gas from using so much movement and footwork. Jones would take it to Reem in a terrible way.

Werdum has the best chance by far

Jones isn't taking Overeem down unless Jones becomes Uber-Jones. Overeem has excellent TDD and even though he's turned into Econoreem, he's still strong as a bull.

All in all, maybe Werdum is the bigger threat, not sure. Werdum would be a threat to Jones on the ground even on his back while Overeem wouldn't though I don't see how Jones would be able to take it to the ground. If the fight remains standing, Overeem has by far the more deadlier striking than Werdum and Jones, but he doesn't have a great chin which Werdum seemingly has. I think that Werdum could be more dangerous purely due to Overeem's chin and lack of heart when things aren't going his way. In the end I don't think any of this matters as Jones would lose to both.

Back