Who do you miss the most?

Both of my grandfathers. They were my closest family members and both died when I was a teenager.

I miss hanging with my best friend Jim. I was best man at his wedding and he was supposed to be best man at my wedding. He was a cop in Wilmington. Now he's a state trooper in Wilmington and my wedding is in April. Still miss hanging with him, legit my bff

I miss hanging with my best friend Jim. I was best man at his wedding and he was supposed to be best man at my wedding. He was a cop in Wilmington. Now he's a state trooper in Wilmington and my wedding is in April. Still miss hanging with him, legit my bff
NC or Delaware

Why did he leave?

Demoted? Fancied a Change? A dispute over HOA cat issues?

I dated a girl on and off for about ten years from 20-30 years old. She had a stroke at 31 and we happened to not be dating/living-together when it happened. Wasn’t found for a couple days. Went into a coma. Eventually she came out of it and though she remembered me from college, she had no recollection of the past 8 years or so we were together and roommates for most of that time. She had very little short term memory from day to day and ended up getting moved back in with her parents when she was discharged. I ended up moving to a different state within a year of all this happening. It completely changed my life (probably for the better) but I still miss her a lot.

I dated a girl on and off for about ten years from 20-30 years old. She had a stroke at 31 and we happened to not be dating/living-together when it happened. Wasn’t found for a couple days. Went into a coma. Eventually she came out of it and though she remembered me from college, she had no recollection of the past 8 years or so we were together and roommates for most of that time. She had very little short term memory from day to day and ended up getting moved back in with her parents when she was discharged. I ended up moving to a different state within a year of all this happening. It completely changed my life (probably for the better) but I still miss her a lot.

Damn that sounds like a movie but without a happy ending. Sorry that happened to you guys.

Damn that sounds like a movie but without a happy ending. Sorry that happened to you guys.
I think it ultimately changed me for the better, even if it has left an indelible scar with me. I still have the memories, even if she doesn’t. Hard to explain, but I know it redirected my life in a completely different and better trajectory. I know that beyond any doubt. But I still miss my friend.

A bunch of my friends died all within a couple months of each other a few years ago. One was my best friend since childhood. Though we didn’t really hang out much in later years just because he lived far away, and we had different interests. But another was a really good friend I had for about 10 years. He was a Guelph a poster on here. He introduced me to sherdog, and message boards in general.

He used to troll Gene Simco’s NYMAG message board years ago. And he trolled them so much, they flew him out to NY for a weekend to train and hang out. Anyway, he died of cirrhosis. I miss that guy a lot. Often times, I’ll think of something funny and think to call him and tell him about it. Then I remember he’s dead. It’s like I’m living in an alternate universe or something.

I'm sitting in my patio drinking whiskey. Just thinking of my mom. I miss her and life just isn't the same since she passed away.

Same

My mom went in 2004 and I still miss her greatly.

Sorry for anyone who lost loved ones in this thread. So far I haven’t loss any close friends or relatives besides my grandparents. This is nothing compared to losing a close person but honestly i miss getting together with friends, going to a wedding or any social event, traveling, dining out, watching a movie at the theater.... Those things that anyone would take for granted. Who knows when the hell will I do that again... or if I will.

My dog ROKKO because he was with me every day and he's not any more and hasn't been for 20 years but I still miss him. People-wise would have to be my grandma. I only saw her during the Summer growing up but she was awesome.

You guys would have liked her too. She'd let you pick any cake from the grocery store and stay up all night watching movies on cable TV. I love you nana.

A young body that recovers overnight. If I go to sleep wore out I will likely wake up worse off. Not even forty yet. Can still tough it out.

Friend of mine passed earlier this year. Drowned in one of those isolation tanks, complete freak accident. Not even 30 yet. I think about her all the time. She made friends literally everywhere she went, always the life of the room.

Back