Who do you have winning the rubbermatch: Mighty Mouse or Cejudo and how do you see it going?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Their rematch was a very close affair. Some say Mighty Mouse won. I am one of them. Even though I am not a Mighty Mouse fan I think he was cheated. Cejudo getting takedowns and doing no damage and not even really throwing ground strikes shouldn’t earn him the win. Demetrious was actually Lansing more strikes from the bottom then Henry was landing it seemed. MM also rolled out of a few of Henry’s TD attempts and got reversed and Henry didn’t appear to have the Fight IQ to stop it.

I think in the rubber match all MM would have to do is be a bit more aggressive with his striking and landing a bit more and he’ll have the win in the bag. MM could also brutally finish Cejudo again. I see MM winning the rubber match via TKO and reclaiming his title.

Who do you see winning the rubber match between Mighty Mouse and Cejudo and how do you see it going?

Impossible to predict as it would depend on the mood of the judges on fight night.

Their rematch was a very close affair. Some say Mighty Mouse won. I am one of them. Even though I am not a Mighty Mouse fan I think he was cheated. Cejudo getting takedowns and doing no damage and not even really throwing ground strikes shouldn’t earn him the win. Demetrious was actually Lansing more strikes from the bottom then Henry was landing it seemed. MM also rolled out of a few of Henry’s TD attempts and got reversed and Henry didn’t appear to have the Fight IQ to stop it.

I think in the rubber match all MM would have to do is be a bit more aggressive with his striking and landing a bit more and he’ll have the win in the bag. MM could also brutally finish Cejudo again. I see MM winning the rubber match via TKO and reclaiming his title.

Who do you see winning the rubber match between Mighty Mouse and Cejudo and how do you see it going?
GSP made a career of doing what Cejudo did. Hate the player but it's the game (judges) that need to be fixed (educated)

Remember Phil Davis vs Lyoto Machida? Same BS.

I think Cejudo is still improving and but has to be able to do some real damage on the ground

GSP made a career of doing what Cejudo did. Hate the player but it's the game (judges) that need to be fixed (educated)

Remember Phil Davis vs Lyoto Machida? Same BS.

Wrong.

GSP actually threw ground strikes and damaged his opponents. He also submitted some, ala Matt Hughes and his most recent fight against Bisping where he finished him via RNC.

Last edited:
DJ would win, and be 3-0 against Cejudo in my book.

I'd say MM. More flaws in his game to adapt to than Cejudo. Then again Cejudo could come up with a plan that counters that... but have to give the odds to MM.

MMA is a weird sport.

Mighty mouse won by fight metric but I guess the judges saw it different. Who knows, if Johnson didn't hurt his foot, maybe a different outcome but you can also say that for a lot of other fights. Dana White does know 1 thing though. He always said don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

If it happens soon, I slightly favor MM. If they make MM fight contenders and it takes a while to happen, Cejudo probably pretty definitively.

Mighty mouse won by fight metric but I guess the judges saw it different. Who knows, if Johnson didn't hurt his foot, maybe a different outcome but you can also say that for a lot of other fights. Dana White does know 1 thing though. He always said don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

Didn’t he say he hurt his foot from a MM kick though? So there’s that.

Didn’t he say he hurt his foot from a MM kick though? So there’s that.
He said he hurt it from kicking so much. When exactly he hurt it, he didn't say. He said he felt something pop, but he kept going.

I think DJ wins 8/10 fights, but Cejudo demonstrates that MMA consists of mostly athletes that aren't on par with other leagues like football, NBA, etc. I think a big part of his success is he is a plus athlete and capable.of learning and adapting his gifts to MMA. I wouldn't count Cejudo out of a rematch bit expect it would be very close again as DJ has the better technique and experience. I thought it was a fun fight and would watch them run it back. I think Cejudo will get a defense in before that if DJ requires time off for his injuries.

If it happens soon, I slightly favor MM. If they make MM fight contenders and it takes a while to happen, Cejudo probably pretty definitively.

I think people forget that this is how the fights went:

1st: Mighty Mouse annihilates Cejudo via strikes for the TKO victory.

2nd: Cejudo wins via decision that was extremely close and many thought Mighty Mouse won.

So.....not sure how people see Cejudo crushing Mighty Mouse in the rubber match.

Cejudo clearly second fight. He shows to be improving while mini mouse looks to be going downhill. Would bet on Cejudo. He deserves to get that trilogy fight.

Last edited:
Cejudo clearly won first fight. He shows to be improving while mini mouse looks to be going downhill. Would bet on Cejudo. He deserves to get that trilogy fight.

Henry won while be KTFO within 4 mins?

I think people forget that this is how the fights went:

1st: Mighty Mouse annihilates Cejudo via strikes for the TKO victory.

2nd: Cejudo wins via decision that was extremely close and many thought Mighty Mouse won.

So.....not sure how people see Cejudo crushing Mighty Mouse in the rubber match.
I didn't say crushing and again if the third fight happens soon I think MM can make the adjustments to win. But I also think HC is in ascendance and MM is showing signs of decline. If he has to take another fight or 2 before getting his shot, or even just has a long delay, I think Cejudo will have simply overtaken him.

I think Johnson (he’s a grown up, Mighty Mouse sounds weird) is going to suddenly decline

He’s had a long mma career, Cejudo managed to beat him as a rather young mma fighter (only a dozen or so fights in) and should be able to do it again esp if Johnson will be nursing back a knee/foot injuries

It's actually rather hard to tell if MM is physically capable of having a fire lit under him the way the loss to Cruz did. Defending a UFC title as often as he did, even if it's FlyWs as opposed to WWs, can affect your ability to keep the composure and drive needed to fight at this level. It's possible it leads to a new resurgence. It's also possible that MM is too drained and is entering the same twilight years GSP, Anderson, Aldo and Fedor inevitably did.

And this, of course, is on top of the issue of which judges would be scoring the fight and how much they felt at the time like rewarding Cejudo for getting into top position long enough even if MM was more active from the bottom.

Cejudo in another super close decision.

Back