Who deserves the Strawweight title shot after Claudia Gadelha?

Maiko Ozoshi

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I personally think Rose Namajunas is a cut above the rest of the possible contenders in her division. Very crisp and beautiful striking from her. Who do you all think should get a shot? Maybe Tecia Torres?

4XY2oYRr.jpg

20151209053002_5D3_4515.JPG

Rose-Torres winner

A trilogy I guess since Gadelha arguably won their 1st fight.

I watched the 1st fight recently and I definitely think the decision was extremely stupid. If Gadelha takes her belt then you're right, it'll be an immediate rematch.

Yep, Rose/Tecia winner should be next.

Strawweight is one of the best and most promising divisions right now so Joanna has no shortage of quality opponents as the rankings sort themselves out this year. Should be a good year for SW if UFC keeps fighters active. I wanna see these ladies fighting as often as possible. Tired of seeing them beg on Twitter.

I guess one of the other six women in the division, preferably one coming off of a win.

I'm probably a hater, but just not much interest here.

I would like to see Justine Kish. Probably the best kickboxer/striker outside of Joanna. Would make for an interesting fight

I would like to see Justine Kish. Probably the best kickboxer/striker outside of Joanna. Would make for an interesting fight

If the same version of Justine shows up to fight JJ that we saw in her UFC debut, that's a fight that would end very badly for her.

Nobody.
Rose vs Tecia makes most sense ranking wise to find out.
And they are both scheduled so that will work out fine it seems.

Agreed but Justine at her best could cause trouble. Holm didn't look great in her first 2 Ufc bouts either.

Agreed but Justine at her best could cause trouble. Holm didn't look great in her first 2 Ufc bouts either.

Justine looked sloppy as fuck in her fight. Octagon jitters or not her technique looked suspect as hell for a muay thai world champion and she would get eaten alive by Joanna

Maybe, but it was her first Ufc fight. Only her 5th overall. Her 1st fight in 2 years coming off a torn acl. She'll have at least one more fight too. Love to see her get matched up with Jessica penne

Obviously the winner of Rose/Tecia, but I also expect KK to be involved in the next TS eliminator after Rose and Tecia. KK called out Carla, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that match get made soon.

Justine looked awful. I honestly thought she lost. We will see, but I'm betting against her.

you cant say that until the 2nd fight goes down. If gadelha gets stopped early,give the next shot to someone else.

Joanna will probably want a rematch after Claudia beats her, again.

Back