Who can Werdum fight now that Cain is out?

JDS, but he'd get KO'ed again.

Travis Browne is always the wild card. Plus he can be on the same card as his girlfriend. Tell Edmond to pull out the pads and get to work. Show him the jab that he's still trying to perfect.

JDS said he was ready. Struve too. I doubt he fights at 207. Didn't he turn down Miocic before on short notice after cain pulled out last time?

Travis Browne is always the wild card. Plus he can be on the same card as his girlfriend. Tell Edmond to pull out the pads and get to work. Show him the jab that he's still trying to perfect.

No way they do a trilogy.

Struve said he was ready, it's clearly not the most fascinating match-up but it's better than nothing.

He shouldn't imo. Outside of selfish reasons that i'd like to see him fight. I don't believe he gets any extra money for being on a big ppv without the belt. I'd push to fight JDS and have Struve pulled from the fight. Make that a number one contender fight and get in a full camp for that style. JDS said it's because nobody else could fight him and it would guarantee one a title shot. Plus the fans don't seem to want JDS vs Struve. Or just make Miocic vs Werdum 2 for right now. It was a finish that leaves fans wondering what would happen in a rematch.

He's 39 years old and this next fight determines if he ever gets a shot at the title again. He's been in MMA for 14 years now and JDS is a very different fight. He lost millions in sponsorship money with Reebok and he lost his future job as commentator when the UFC fired him. A lot of money comes with that belt and he knows it. He's not going to end possilby end his career with a fight on 7 days with JDS. Cain has done this to him before and he saved the card. He obviously didn't get much appreciation or financial incentive (or respect) from the UFC for doing it. I can't blame him for turning a fight down even though i'm a huge JDS fan and want him to win the belt.

JDS wants it. I want to see the rematch. Hopefully it happens!

perhaps should fight stipe

You must have missed the last two times Werdum wiped his ass with Browne.

Werdum doesn't like to accept short notice replacement fights. I would just go ahead and book Werdum/Stipe 2 after the new year now. Cain was forced out so he lost his #1 contender spot in my eyes.

UFC is still acting like this fight is happening... trying to sell as many wolf tickets as they can before they have to face the music. UFC's official facebook newsfeed just hyped Cain vs Werdum 2 as recently as a couple hours ago

I'd like to see Ngannou step in, he is so talented and a star will be born that night. Werdum wouldn't want it though if it came up.

You must have missed the last two times Werdum wiped his ass with Browne.

If you turn the sound off it was a pretty close fight. I am not totally convinced Werdum won either of them. Plus the referee never deducted a point for kicking Edmond. Travis vs Werdum III.

How do i learn about this on sherdog threads when the sherdog main mma news is talking about shit that is 3 days old???

He shouldn't imo. Outside of selfish reasons that i'd like to see him fight. I don't believe he gets any extra money for being on a big ppv without the belt. I'd push to fight JDS and have Struve pulled from the fight. Make that a number one contender fight and get in a full camp for that style. JDS said it's because nobody else could fight him and it would guarantee one a title shot. Plus the fans don't seem to want JDS vs Struve. Or just make Miocic vs Werdum 2 for right now. It was a finish that leaves fans wondering what would happen in a rematch.

He's 39 years old and this next fight determines if he ever gets a shot at the title again. He's been in MMA for 14 years now and JDS is a very different fight. He lost millions in sponsorship money with Reebok and he lost his future job as commentator when the UFC fired him. A lot of money comes with that belt and he knows it. He's not going to end possilby end his career with a fight on 7 days with JDS. Cain has done this to him before and he saved the card. He obviously didn't get much appreciation or financial incentive (or respect) from the UFC for doing it. I can't blame him for turning a fight down even though i'm a huge JDS fan and want him to win the belt.
This 100 percent. Werdum already did a solid for the UFC by fighting Hunt short notice in Mexico. But that was again event. He's not a main event here, not even a co main. So it's more comfortable to not fight. If UFC was loyal to Werdum and didn't fire him on commentary. Maybe he would do them a favo . Honestly, Werdum owes them zero favors.

If you turn the sound off it was a pretty close fight. I am not totally convinced Werdum won either of them. Plus the referee never deducted a point for kicking Edmond. Travis vs Werdum III.
<[analyzed}>

Back