Who becomes the MMA Fighters Rep if Unionized?

aragona

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's interesting to speculate who would be the fighter rep if a union is formed. The following are reps from other sports:

MLB - Tony Clark Executive Director of MLB Players Association. Retired MLB player.

NFL - DeMaurice Smith Executive Director of NFL Players Association. Lawyer.
Eric Winston President. Player Cincinnati Bengals

NBA - Michele Roberts Executive Director of National Basketball Players Association
Chris Paul President. Player LA Clippers

I would guess Lucas Middlebrook (Lawyer) would be the Executive Director. Can't really think of anyone who would fill the shoes as the fighter rep / president. I believe Nate Quarry's name has been tossed around.....Anyone want to speculate?

just some solid options I thought of:

Urijah Faber
Dominick Cruz
Mark Hunt
Daniel Cormier
Donald Cerrone

I'm just trying to figure out how independent contractors can form a union. Granted I think the title of "independent contractor" for the fighters is bullshit and the fighters do need some leverage in their contract negotiations.

Rich Franklin.

He came to mind for me as well.

If it was a UFC-specific union, there might be a conflict of interest due to his role as VP of ONE FC.

Brian Stann also seems like a good option.

mark hunt duh
SlushyThankfulArcticwolf.gif

Nate Quarry, he's the one that started all of this lol

Werdum is the best choice. He is multilingual, smart, likable and he has been at the bottom and the top on the game. He can relate to almost any fighter.

Has to be someone well spoken and well respected.

Gilbert Yvel.

lol @ Mark Hunt, guy is one of the least intelligent guys in the sport and can't even write one faultless sentence in his native language.

Guy got paid like 1/10th of what Fedor got paid in Pride because he said yes to every offer

the two you highlighted have been very vocal about fighter treatment. seems like they'd have no problem if asked to rage against the machine on fighters' behalf. Hunt is the one who kinda got this union talk going as of late.

idgas.gif

And I can't believe anybody with a life would give a fuck either.

Randy Couture is the stand out choice for me.

Back