Who beat the better Pacman, Morales or JMM?

Bounz

Love and Rocket
@Black
Reaction score
Topic, wish i can make a poll

Could someone with better boxing.knowledge explain

hmm

Tough call. Juan beat the more experienced, more versatile version of PAc I guess.

I think the best version of Pacquiao was likely in Juan v. Pac 2 and I think Dinamita won that fight. Morales beat a better version than the one that Juan KO'd, though, I think.

JMM did...

Erik Morales defeated the dynamic, balls to the wall, one punch KO artist...

JMM defeated the very well trained, refined, erudite boxing version of Manny.

Both great fights and victories nonetheless.

morales .
pac was faster , and had a devastating one punch KO power at 130

Morales beat a one-dimensional Pacquiao that JMM had exposed in a prior fight. Morales then went on to get TKO'd by a more complete Pacquiao 2 times. JMM at 39yrs old and weighing less than Pacquiao, KO'd the complete P4P Pacquiao.

it's hard not to pick the guy who finished Pac but Pac was up on the scorecards before the KO whereas Morales clearly outboxed him so I'm gonna say Morales.

Morales beat the best Pacquiao

IMO Pacquiao was one of the greatest FW's ever. His career at 140+ was greatly overrated and proved to be not that good. But at FW that was his weight class. So I would say Morales beat the better Pacquiao. You could argue that Marquez beat him as well, cause those earlier fights were controversial, but he didn't beat him as convincingly as Morales did.

Morales beat a one-dimensional Pacquiao that JMM had exposed in a prior fight. Morales then went on to get TKO'd by a more complete Pacquiao 2 times. JMM at 39yrs old and weighing less than Pacquiao, KO'd the complete P4P Pacquiao.

As much a symptom of Morales being washed up as Pacquiao improving. Don't forget he got beaten pretty easily by Raheem right before Pacquiao 2.

i'd say marquez, pacquiao was more inconsistent when he was younger, i wasn't convinced of his greatness until Delahoya, I expected him to win but the form he showed there would make it very difficult to pick against him with anyone today. I'd take that manny over mayweather, I really would.

I'd put Morales 3rd out of that group. Tough call between Pacquiao and JMM but I'll go with Pac. The discussion seems to be centered on who won the fights between them--a fair enough analysis but one that doesn't lead to a definitive answer (although I vote Marquez in that respect). Aside from the fights with each other, though, Pacquiao was the bigger box office attraction, beat the bigger stars and was generally ranked higher p4p during their respective careers. I think most writers had Pacquiao as the fighter of the decade last decade, and the only other fighters I heard championed for that title were Mayweather and Hopkins, not Marquez. So I think Pacquiao was slightly "greater" as a fighter during his career than Marquez, regardless of how they stack up against one another.

Morales was also coming off a loss going into the first Pac fight but i felt he was still at his best in his first meeting with Pac

he did fight the last round in a southpaw stance.

Morales is the fucking boss.

Morales1.jpg

Marquez I think. Beat a more experienced, versatile pac.

I'll go ahead and say Erik Morales beat the best Pacquiao overall. But Marquez beat a more experienced and skilled Pacquiao and did it in more impressive form than Morales.

Back