Who are the best trainers in kickboxing?

Ghiță got injured badly, just look at his hand! And the Dutch clown Ubeda not only does not disqualify Saki according to the rules (illegal sweep, non-kickboxing procedure), but also counts Ghiță. The most retarded referee, he and the Moroccan from the former It"s Showtime promotion! And Glory were awful, this mistake should have turned the fight into a No Contest, not just to fire Ubeda. Ubeda destroyed Ghiță vs. Schilt, Ghiță vs. Saki and several matches in the Netherlands (with the Moroccan also).

Cezar Gheorghe is a god compared to these bums. I fact, these 2 clowns acted intentionally like this every time.

Remember the Turk complaining about the American referee counting him wrongly against Rico, when he probably did it deliberately.

Ghiță was stupid to take the punishment or maybe he was brave. No idea. I would have given up instead of Daniel, then I would have contested the decision.

I re-watched the fight. Ghita has a tatoo on his lower arm. I didn`t saw any evident swelling. However, the referee was an idiot. That being said, I do not think that he lost due to the arm injury. In my view Ghita made 2 mistakes: 1) the strategy of the fight seemed flawed from the beginning. In my view they wanted to bar the punches of Saki and catch him on the counter. Ghita tried that a couple of times with crosses without success. Saki was too fast. 2) He was way more static than in the first fight. This was a mistake against a fast opponent. He should have not let Saki approach him by hard low and middle kicks and front kicks. Also, he should have used the knee when Saki was close. Notice the height difference between the two. The knee would have been an easy and dangerous weapon. Instead, what happened is that he let Saki approach him, and tried to counter him when exiting. However, he ate some big punches which wobbled him. Saki saw that and attacked again with punches but this time without exiting. In the first fight I believe Ghita`s strategy was better. Maybe Saki was not so prepared also.

Bottom line, if a taller opponent lets the obviously faster smaller and lighter opponent approach him, he will get caught in the end.

8:31, you don"t see the judo procedure? It"s an illegal sweep. Saki should have been disqualified. Instead, his dirty compatriot (this referee), is counting Ghita. Laughable really!

Saki here is a cheater, but it"s Ubeda"s mistake. UFC wouldn"t have ruled it out as a No Contest, but would have disqualified the athlete.

See the 1st reaction on his arm at 8:31, and then at 8:50! Might have been broken also or a bad sprain/dislocation (luxation). Besides one combo of Saki, Ghita held the ring. He was clearly rigid, see how rigid he was keeping his arm.

Not sure why this ambition still to fight and not ruin the main event of Saki in Turkey, when Badr Hari have destroyed already many events. Including in the It"s Showtime. And Daniel shouldn"t have gone to Istanbul. Or to ask for rematch in Romania. When will Glory put an event in Romania? Superkombat are not ruling anymore Europe.

I re-watched the fight. Ghita has a tatoo on his lower arm. I didn`t saw any evident swelling.

It"s not a rule. I had a broken hand so I know. I got no swelling at all on my fracture. It hurts to fight with a fracture.

Last edited:
Ghiță had a very frustrating career. Because he buried twice Zimmerman, Gerges and Ben Saddik (in 5-10 seconds), and lost some very controversial fights. Logical Dutch fans know this. 2 against Rico, this fight against Saki where the Turkish should have been disqualified and Ubeda excluded for life (he was actually for this, the referee left Glory, he also destroyed Schilt vs. Ghita and others) and the stoppage versus Schilt.

Sure Schilt may have been better, but the stoppage was shit. It should have been only a count. Wasn"t Overeem counted against Edwards, when he won the K-1 crown?

Not to mention K-1 failed to exist when Ghiță reached maturity, and Glory treated him badly for Verhoeven. Even Glory wrote on the site it was an illegal sweep, BUT THEY DIDN"T TAKE MEASURES. Like at least switching the result to No Contest.

Saki is referring to complaints made by Ghita’s team about an illegal leg-sweep which sent Ghita crashing to the canvas in round one of the Istanbul fight.

The fight started out a little rough, as Gokhan Saki caught a kick from Ghita, backed him up and threw him to the mat with a sweep. Usually a sweep is inconsequential, but in this case, Ghita landed hard, looking to be injured. According to Glory’s official rules, leg sweeps and trips are illegal moves and should thusly be counted as such. Instead, referee Joop Ubeda counted it as a down as Ghita took a while to get to his feet and Ghita never looked the same after that.
(Liverkick)

Ghita scored three huge stoppages before he made it to Semmy Schilt, with Schilt scoring a knockdown and an over-eager ref calling the fight off far too early. It was the biggest robbery of Ghita’s career and something that we’d see again when he met Gokhan Saki this year. Saki landed an illegal leg sweep on Ghita that injured his arm and the ref counted it as a down, as opposed to giving him time to recover and warning Saki. This set up Saki for the win and for many tainted the win. Ghita gets his shot at redemption at GLORY 11, will he finally become the best in the world? (MMA Nuts)

Or in the Netherlands, on the biggest forum http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/showthread.php?127810-Wat-heeft-Joop-Ubeda-tegen-Daniel-Ghita-(spoiler)

Wat heeft Joop Ubeda tegen Daniel Ghita? What does Joop Ubeda have against Daniel Ghita?

At that time many Sherdogers blamed me and they simply didn"t understand it was an illegal sweep, because the fucking moron even counted Ghita instead of disqualifying Saki because it ended with injury. They gave credit to the referee when he was wrong. Let"s Ghita also proceeds judo because he"s bigger. If we have no rules.

Deniz, Gerges (I), Schilt and Saki. Dumb referee or if he got older should have retired faster. And the other from ex-It"s Showtime the same, I think it was a Moroccan.

The sweep would have NEVER been ruled a disqualification, just a warning. When has the first and only sweep in a Kickboxing match resulted in a disqualification? NEVER.

The sweep would have NEVER been ruled a disqualification, just a warning. When has the first and only sweep in a Kickboxing match resulted in a disqualification? NEVER.
According to Glory rules it is DISQUALIFICATION (prohibited technique/move; severe stuff), not even a WARNING. If it would have been a warning, then it would have stopped the fight and would have been ruled as No Contest. But here you punish the fighter because it was so obvious he wanted to injure the other by prohibited technique. And Saki, after doing it with premeditation, also has a big mouth. He lacks IQ and sportsmanship.

Disqualification results if:

• A fighter deliberately uses a prohibited technique and the referee disqualifies him for that reason.
  • A fighter uses a prohibited technique as described in Article 9 for which the referee disqualifies him.
  • If a corner man enters the ring during the fight or touches one of the fighters during the fight.
1.2.9. Prohibited techniques, moves and conduct

• Head butts, or coming in too low with one’s head
  • All techniques targeting the back of the head or back or the torso
  • Techniques targeting the groin;
  • Linear or thrusting kicks directed at knee (i.e. front kick, side kick, back kick)
-Pushing or pushing off an opponent without following up with a strike or strikes

• Continuing to fight if someone has any other part of his body other than his feet on the ground
  • Techniques used following the command “Break” or “Stop” by the referee
  • Techniques used if the opponent is outside the ring or tied up in the ropes
  • Throwing or pushing an opponent backwards over the ropes
  • Holding on to the ring ropes for any reason; including as an asset for offense or defense or locking in an opponent.
  • Actions/moves that are used to evade or hold off the fight; this includes but is not limited to continuously pulling up the front leg or stretching out the front arm without carrying out a particular technique
  • Passivity; this includes but is not limited to fighting only when the opponent attacks.
  • Continuously allowing oneself to fall to the ground
  • Deliberately falling on the opponent in any way
  • Deliberately evading or deliberately halting the fight
  • Voluntarily leaving the ring during the match;
  • Unsportsmanlike conduct including but not limited to spitting, cursing, talking, making rude sounds or obscene gestures
  • Insulting the referee, officials, opponent or his team
  • Deliberately ignoring the referee’s commands;
  • Undisciplined conduct of any kind
  • Unnecessarily causing danger to oneself or an opponent
  • Simulating being hit too low
  • Deliberately spitting out the mouth guard
http://www.glorykickboxing.com/rules

Last edited:
Disqualification ; At the referee’s discretion he may disqualify a fighter based on repetitive or severe fouling.

The referee has the discretion to issue Cautions, Warnings, Penalties or Disqualification based on the nature, severity and repetition of the fouling behavior. In doing so, the referee must have thoroughly considered whether the fighter has, through his violation, damaged his opponent’s chances of victory and if the violation was deliberately committed;

I have seen the leg kick and it was illegal, that`s for sure. The referee made a big mistake, maybe deliberately. My point was that I don`t believe that Saki won due to this illegal sweep. He won by TKO due to a crazy series of punches after wobbling him with a cross at minute 14:00. Ghita was very static and slow (compared to Saki) in that fight. Also, why on earth was he getting so close to him??? He should have stayed at distance and land jabs and kicks. In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, Ghita beat himself in that fight.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
"A fighter deliberately uses a prohibited technique and the referee disqualifies him for that reason."

Well he didn't, and there is nothing that states that he HAS to.

"Disqualification ; At the referee’s discretion he MAY disqualify a fighter based on repetitive or severe fouling."

Referee has discretion. The sweep wasn't a repetitive action and it wasn't exactly severe either.

Sorry, your boy Ghita got tossed like a rag doll and then got lit up with a Killer Instinct Ultra Combo.

0000.gif

ULLLLTRRRAAAAAAA COOOOOOMMMMBBBOOOOOO

What discretion has the referee? To count an injured fighter after an illegal sweep? You"re funny here, Snub! The sweep was ultrasevere since it produced a luxation or fracture. Referee Ubeda was fired by Glory because of this mistake.

Glory even wrote on the official site that the sweep was illegal. Sure, you enjoy beating without rules, but Daniel compared to the stupid Turk respected the rules. This was all premeditated, they are both Dutch. The old man rapidely counted Ghiță, it"s unreal!

Ultracombo against injured fighters (by him, with illegal procedures and with the support of a dirty referee)... If Saki would have fought injured against Ghiță, would have smelled the coffin from one hook! Saki since their 1st fight in K-1, wasn"t even improved, Daniel yes. This means the injury made the difference.

If you would be fair, you would admit it.

Last edited:
Ubeda is probably the worst referee in Kickboxing, he was fired for COUNTLESS fuck ups in Glory, not just this fight. Counting Ghita was stupid but ultimately played no bearing on the fight.

All Saki did was catch Ghita's Kick and sweep out the post leg. That wasn't a Judo throw and you see that all of the time in Glory even though it's not permitted and not a score like in Muay Thai. You NEVER see anyone docked a point or disqualified for that, usually just a warning. If a fighter keeps doing that then they get a point deduction.

Ghita went on to win the remaining 1:50 of the first round immediately following the sweep as well as the first 2 minutes of the 2nd round before Saki landed the Ultra Combo so you can't blame it on that.

Ghiță was injured and went to finish, but couldn"t and Saki smelled the blood. It"s that simple. But this is only my opinion (I wouldn"t have said anything without this controversy). I"m not the kind of guy who doesn"t applaud others. But not like this. Now let"s end the subject. We share different opinions and I respect yours.

I want to reformulate my previous question about Rico`s coach, Dennis. What are your thoughts about him? He is certainly doing well with Rico and Adegbuyi.

I think Cătinaș did better with Harinck than Adegbuyi with Krauweel. With the Romanian fighters it was only problem of training, because all 3 including Ghiță were top heavyweights when they left for the Netherlands. Well, Raul Cătinaș was not fully developed from them, only he.

A good coach is a coach who is adding something big. If you are already good, if he makes the difference. And if you are not good, and let"s say a brawler, he teaches you how to box. Even Anil Dubar added stuff to Daniel. Besides sparring and training, Benny only has added some small toughness.

Rico is also a good material. For example I think Ruben Stoia (boxing coach) gives class to many Dutch coaches as the boxing part. Alin Panaite is also good but he is the Mike Passenier of our kickboxing. A bit more technical are his figthers though but 1 dimensional, aggressive.

If Dexter Suisse is still at Supepro, I watched him fighting against Rigters, and he"s really worse. He used to be a Dutch talent when he was young, years ago.

I need to see more fighters coming out from Superpro and Dennis, to draw a conclusion. But at least he is not asssociating his name with dozens of kickboxers like some other coaches. He stays with his pupils.

Back