Who are the best anti wrestlers of all time

Anderson Silva is a bit underrated. Guy couldn't stuff a takedown in the first round but after he found his range there was now way his back was touching mat. He stuffed Chael (2nd fight) and Weidman (1st fight) pretty easily in the 2nd rounds

Alexander Gustafson
Lil Nog
Thiago Alves
Stephan Thompson
Dominick Cruz
Cody Garbrandt
Whittaker

I don't think Arlovski is mentioned. He used to have the 2nd highest TDD in mma a few years ago, after Mirko (and above GSP).
Sambists ususlly do great at TDD, since TDs is the way to score points.
I wanted to mention him too. Him being older and not having the athleticism he used to probably diminishes his prime in some people's eyes.

GSP made a career beating wrestler (and high level NCAA wrestler..)

Very good list, perfect
giphy.gif

Israel you can’t takedown someone whose running away

Silva
Liddell
Rampage
Aldo
Dom Cruze

Come to mind these guys never got taken down or fucked a wrestler up for doing it.

Today..
Ortega
Tony
Gaethje
Olivera?
Costa
Adesanya
Romero
Reyes

Alot more in the 185 div. Very few 170 and below that could handle a top grappler.

Jose Aldo
BJ Penn
Robert Whittaker
Mirko Cro Cop
Chuck Liddell
Max Holloway
Alistair Overeem
Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Good list. I would add Machida, especially during his run to the title. He threw Tito off him like a rag doll and forced Rashad (and Bader) into his game. Good recent performance against Chael too. Always been a hard man to take down/keep down.

Jose Aldo
BJ Penn
Robert Whittaker
Mirko Cro Cop
Chuck Liddell
Max Holloway
Alistair Overeem
Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Excellent list, just missing prime Barao (his TDD was 100% until I think the Sterling fight), Jon Jones (great wrestler, but better anti-wrestler imo) and Bisping.

Bisping was always a master at getting back to his feet, great defensive wrestling.

The "Muthafucken" Rassler

Good list. I would add Machida, especially during his run to the title. He threw Tito off him like a rag doll and forced Rashad (and Bader) into his game. Good recent performance against Chael too. Always been a hard man to take down/keep down.
Haven't seen many tape on Machida, but i remember people saying that he was hard to get down because of his footwork/movement, IIRC. Tried to only put those in the list which i was 100% sure about, haha.
Excellent list, just missing prime Barao (his TDD was 100% until I think the Sterling fight), Jon Jones (great wrestler, but better anti-wrestler imo) and Bisping.
That's a crazy stat regarding Barao. I don't know much about him though and i wasn't aware of his skill-set in terms of TDD, but i believe you - just tried to put those in the list which i was certain of, so i'm not disagreeing with you or something! - as for Jones: hm, i agree 100%, but i meant to only include those who (offensively) solely rely on striking on the feet, or at least for the most part/those who had that as their greatest strength.
Bisping is a solid pick as well, although he didn't face Romero or Weidman.

Considering that his TDD was so good though, i wonder why many people said he was an easy match up for GSP.. i mean, he was the bigger guy and had the (way) better gas tank as well...

Chuck! He made a career out of the suffering of wrestlers.

He really didn't fight that many great wrestlers, in all honestly; Tito, Randy, and Randleman were about it. Rampage had his way with him on the ground in their first fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back