Who are some Boxing and Kickboxing equivalents?

RnateC

White Belt
Reaction score
Mike Tyson and Altsitar Overeem
Manny Pacquiao and buakaw por pramuk

Tyson/Hari sounds like a bit better of a comparison, though I daresay that Hari is more of a thug than Tyson ever was.

masato/sugar ray leonard

Mike Tyson and Altsitar Overeem
Manny Pacquiao and buakaw por pramuk

OVereem fights nothing like Tyson. In Uber mode, he is a slow, plodding and methodical. In normal mode he is cautious with low volume output. The closer parallels in kickboxing would be Zambidis and Saki.

I dont see Buakaw in Pacquiao either. Coban is the better equivalent- short southpaw with explosive combos.

My vote is for Thomas Hearns = Dieselnoi. Two long, lanky motherfuckers that pierce through defenses with scary power.

Roy Jones = Saenchai for obvious reasons.
and Malignaggi = Petroysian. Guidolicious pillowfists.

who are the rocky Marciano's Ali Sonny Liston George Forman?
I'm just getting into kickboxing

and these are some boxers I like

masato/sugar ray leonard

I think someone else has made this analogy before, but
Masato -> Leonard
Buakaw -> Hearns
Souwer - > Hagler
Kraus -> Duran

(Petrosyan ->Whitaker)

who are the rocky Marciano's Ali Sonny Liston George Forman?

Peter Aerts -> Foreman: Unstoppable tyrant in his youth that made a resurgence over a decade later
Ramon Dekker -> Marciano: Undoubtedly great fighter that a lot of people claim is the best of all time mostly because they don't have a great perspective on where he stood

Malignaggi = Petroysian. Guidolicious pillowfists.

174.gif

maybe zambidis and mike tyson? in terms of style

Holzken is Lomachenko, GGG and Kovalev all wrapped in one, not taking their different weight classes into account.

Who is the Joe Louis, Willie Pep and Ray Robinson all-in-one? I say Michael Duut.

Who is the Joe Louis, Willie Pep and Ray Robinson all-in-one? I say Michael Duut.

4241033-3886633-2559988948-37837.gif

But who is the Julian Jackson, George Foreman and Earnie Shavers in one? I'd say van Roosmalen, I mean he has terrific KO power according to Glory.

Keen eye, brother, keen eye.... I'd say throw in Leonard's legs and Chavez chin as well, and you got yourself a pretty acurate discription of Duut.

You're such a funny dude, man. Please stop cracking me up.

I think someone else has made this analogy before, but
Masato -> Leonard
Buakaw -> Hearns
Souwer - > Hagler
Kraus -> Duran

(Petrosyan ->Whitaker)

I'm pretty sure that was me, though I think I had it as SRL/Masato, Buakaw/Hagler, Hearns/Souwer, and Duran/Kraus. The whitaker/Petro comparison is great.

Back