Who are some athletes 22 years old or younger who you are calling to be future ATGs, HOFers?

Rimbaud82

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Saw this idea on another forum, let's hear you choices. Which young kid are you looking forward to seeing become a great?

For example, in soccer, someone like Mbappe seems a blatantly obvious choice...20 years old and already a world cup winner and world superstar. Seems a given barring some horrific injury. Be interested to see some other, lesser known choices though.

What college football players are you gonna go out on a limb and say will become NFL greats? What basketball players?

o_O

1*_9LsLVTNeNDtXoEdsZRhbw.png

Saw this idea on another forum, let's hear you choices. Which young kid are you looking forward to seeing become a great?

For example, in soccer, someone like Mbappe seems a blatantly obvious choice...20 years old and already a world cup winner and world superstar. Seems a given barring some horrific injury. Be interested to see some other, lesser known choices though.

What college football players are you gonna go out on a limb and say will become NFL greats? What basketball players?

o_O

gettyimages-1079228286.jpg

Dude has to stay in college two more years but would easily be the 1st pick in the draft if he was allowed to enter this year. Kind of sucks for him, because he probably can only hurt himself the next two years.

1b918dfb71084fc2bc9a80b4f825922e-1b918dfb71084fc2bc9a80b4f825922e-0.jpg

Half the NBA is trying to tank to get this kid.

gettyimages-1079228286.jpg

Dude has to stay in college two more years but would easily be the 1st pick in the draft if he was allowed to enter this year. Kind of sucks for him, because he probably can only hurt himself the next two years.

1b918dfb71084fc2bc9a80b4f825922e-1b918dfb71084fc2bc9a80b4f825922e-0.jpg

Half the NBA is trying to tank to get this kid.

Can you tell me who the people are? What position? Why you think they'll be so good. Just for a bit of context. Why does that dude have to stay in college?

Well, obviously I know Zion.

Donnarumma given his physical abilities and anticipation at age 19, though he still makes mistakes. Maybe Belotti can be Italy's best striker, if he leaves Torino. Sancho on the playground. England's got a bunch of good young midfielders. I like Maddison the most, and if he stays fit he's been given a bigger role than others.

Can you tell me who the people are? What position? Why you think they'll be so good. Just for a bit of context. Why does that dude have to stay in college?

Well, obviously I know Zion.

NFL rules require players to be 3 years out of high school in order to be draft eligible. Guy pictured is Trevor Lawrence who just led Clemson to a national title and destroyed Alabama in the national title game starting at QB his first year out of high school.

He's 6'6'' has a cannon arm and is very accurate. Also has some running ability. The guy just fits the mold for the prototypical NFL QB plus put enough on tape his first year to warrant the 1st overall pick.

NFL rules require players to be 3 years out of high school in order to be draft eligible. Guy pictured is Trevor Lawrence who just led Clemson to a national title and destroyed Alabama in the national title game starting at QB his first year out of high school.

He's 6'6'' has a cannon arm and is very accurate. Also has some running ability. The guy just fits the mold for the prototypical NFL QB plus put enough on tape his first year to warrant the 1st overall pick.

<mma4>

Don't know why I thought that NFL was one and done like NBA, I guess it makes some sense.

Thanks, so he's the next Andrew Luck sort of can't miss QB prospect? With more mobility?

How good is that guy Tua something? I was in the newsagents today and they had an import of Sports Illustrated and he was on the front.

<mma4>

Don't know why I thought that NFL was one and done like NBA, I guess it makes some sense.

Thanks, so he's the next Andrew Luck sort of can't miss QB prospect? With more mobility?

How good is that guy Tua something? I was in the newsagents today and they had an import of Sports Illustrated and he was on the front.

He looks really good although he had a bad performance in the National Title game. He can enter the draft until 2020 because of the rule.

Zion and Luka in the NBA have pretty endless potential.

Ronald GOATcuna Jr. for baseball

Connor McDavid and Auston Matthews for hockey are on the right track

o_O

Does it have to be a team sport?
CJ Cummings is ridiculous and only 17yrs old
Career Highlights
IWF Junior World Champion: 2016, 2017, 2018

IWF Youth World Champion: 2016, 2017

Silver medal: Pan American Championships (2017)

Youth Pan Am Champion: 2014, 2015

Holds Youth World Record in clean & jerk (185kg, 69kg weight category)

Holds 12 American Records

Baker Mayfield. Mahomes is a year or two old, so that's breaking the rules, but he's young and really damn good.

This is the kid Real let CR7 go for

This guy below is also looking pretty good

In rugby, Jacob Stockdale is 22 right now:
Jacob-Stockdale-931984.jpg

and is already a Six Nations champion, as well as the record try scorer in a single tournament. At both club and international level he is scoring pretty much a try or more a game and playing at a ridiculously high level for his age, if he keeps up anything like his current pace he will go down as one of the best wingers of all time, certainly for Ulster (his club, the team I support) and Ireland and most likely for rugby in general:
WellinformedEnergeticBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

Kalyn Ponga in rugby league/NRL is only 20:
NPd7kcx.jpg

and is already one of the best full backs in the game, I'd bank on him finishing his career as an ATG...unless he swaps to rugby union, there were rumours he might want to play for the all blacks some day.
TautWaterloggedHyena-size_restricted.gif

RapidIncompatibleHogget-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:
This is the kid Real let CR7 go for

This guy below is also looking pretty good

I mean they hardly let Ronaldo go because they signed Vinicius Junior....that's just how it turned out. He hasn't played that much either last I checked a few months ago, has he got more chances in the first team since then?

Joey McNamara is gonna be the beisbol GOAT

Back