white Rice vs. beef

Urban

Savage Mystic
@Gold
Reaction score
I just thought with all the threads here lately on rice I'd start one with an obvious answer... at least I think it's obvious... you guy's know the winner is roast duck right? I'm not the only one who can clearly see the outcome of this grain vs. bovine battle? ROAST DUCK PWNS BOTH OF THEM!

maybe I'll just go back to S&P now.

I f***in LOVE Roast Duck.

Speaking of which, Metrosexual Monthly, er uhh....I mean....Men's Health this month had a letter written in because of a picture they had of a chick on an animal skin rug which said "PETA may be alarmed, but we kinda like it" or something to that affect. So some dude writes in about how they should write a formal retract and apology because animals should be treated with respect and dignity. Their response:

"Hey, we love animals. They're a great source of protein!"

Agreed. Roast Duck > my budget.

King Kabuki said:
aHahahaha.

I love animals...

right next to my potatoes and gravy.

I think one of the best quotes I've ever seen on Sherdog is in the Boxing forum, someone was talking shit about Roy Jones Jr. because he likes cockfighting and raises fighting Roosters. mylegbig goes:

"You know, I don't advocate violence on animals or anything, but I really...really, don't give a shit about chickens."

We didn't even get along that good until after he posted that and we finally agreed on something.

I hate peta... I really do. I guess my top three would be scientologists (WAY in the lead), green peace, and peta... well pita and creationists would have to fight it out in a NHB match with melee weaponry provided for them for third place on my shit list... peta, creationists and people who think the word god in the pledge of allegiance is a big deal would have to fight to the death for third place.

Urban said:
I hate peta... I really do. I guess my top three would be scientologists (WAY in the lead), green peace, and peta... well pita and creationists would have to fight it out in a NHB match with melee weaponry provided for them for third place on my shit list... peta, creationists and people who think the word god in the pledge of allegiance is a big deal would have to fight to the death for third place.
I think the word "God" in the pledge of allegiance is a huge deal since it was unlawfully added to the lyrics; the separation of church and state, even on the most menial level, is of great importance to me.

Otherwise I hate scientologists and PETA. You're behind the times on Green Peace, they're mainstream now, and their causes are mostly just. The Animal Liberation Front (ALF) has taken their place on the extremist wing.

Creationists are up there for me. Maybe #1. But Mormons are high, too. As people, I love them...until they start talking about what they actually believe in. Then I'm like, "Who are you? Where the fuck did you come from? The guy here a minute ago wasn't all that bad."

the presence or absence of one word in our pledge of allegiance (even if it was put in out of mcarthyist paranoia) will not sway the public to or from a religion. I really beleive that because I said it every day growing up and I'm more budhist than anything.

As far as green peace, they're a bunch of propoganda endorsing liars as far as I'm concerned. people starve to death in africa and they convince authorities that GM crop donations are poisonous. Horse shit. I hope a whaling ship harpoons the whole fucking lot of them.

Urban said:
the presence or absence of one word in our pledge of allegiance (even if it was put in out of mcarthyist paranoia) will not sway the public to or from a religion. I really beleive that because I said it every day growing up and I'm more budhist than anything.

As far as green peace, they're a bunch of propoganda endorsing liars as far as I'm concerned. people starve to death in africa and they convince authorities that GM crop donations are poisonous. Horse shit. I hope a whaling ship harpoons the whole fucking lot of them.
I don't believe it will sway the public's mind, that's not my concern. My concern is the government stepping beyond gubernatorial lines. We drew those for a reason.

I hadn't heard that about Green Peace, so maybe it's me who's behind the times, I quit caring about them a long time ago. A shame they can't understand priorities.

Urban said:

Damn, you are like my mental twin or something!!

I am not big on the birds for eating. I prefer beef, eggs, pork :))

bigpot6.jpg

I can laugh at that because it's ignorant.

Most animal rights activists don't dispute that animals aren't self-conscious, and probably don't mind too much if you eat them. The reason for their struggle is the mistreatment of animals farmed for consumption.

King Kabuki said:
I f***in LOVE Roast Duck.

Speaking of which, Metrosexual Monthly, er uhh....I mean....Men's Health this month had a letter written in because of a picture they had of a chick on an animal skin rug which said "PETA may be alarmed, but we kinda like it" or something to that affect. So some dude writes in about how they should write a formal retract and apology because animals should be treated with respect and dignity. Their response:

HAHA , thats classic.

Urban said:

Not to beat a dead horse or anything but I was FORCED to say it EVERY DAY in grade school. I do not agree with religion being forced down my throat.

When I enlisted in the military they were just starting, on the oath, to allow people not to finish with "in god we trust". I stood silent along with one other person and the guy that swore us in gave the two of us a baffled look then avoided us as much as possible.

My point? What the fuck is the Christian Deity doing in my pledge to defend the United States and why do I get judged negatively for not supporting it?

As Madmick has said, that's a violation and those who say "it's not a big deal" don't seem to get it. It's about respecting all cultures equally. Public display of religious favoritism by the US Government IS a big deal.

Notice that they're saying "happy holidays" now instead of Merry Christmas? People are mad about that. I personally say Merry Christmas, but, do you understand why it needed to be changed when used for a mass audience?

In case you're wondering, I am not anti-religion nor am I an extremist from some off-shoot religion. Religions have their uses. Personally, I consider religion to be more about a chosen way of life than about the gods themselves. I consider my self to be a free thinker that will not be constrained by others. I make decisions on my own and am solely responsible for their repercussions. There will be no forgiveness for my actions and if I am unable to bare the shame of the action I don't take it in the first place.

Any one seen Kingdom of Heaven? I loved that move. The scene where the castle is being sieged and Orlando Bloom turns to the priest for advice... "Convert now (to the attackers religion) and repent later."

Look at these cards I found. 'Happy Holidays.' 'Season's Greetings.' 'Blessings of the Yule Tide.' Evidently, the stormtroopers of diversity think there's a 'nicer' way to say 'Merry Christmas.' Sorry, Reich-Marshal Tolerance. I happen to think 'Merry Christmas' is pretty nice already

When I go to Target, yes, I want a dozen tube socks for $1.99. But what I really want is to see the words 'Merry Christmas.' Regardless of the time of year. If I don't see those words, I would walk right out of that store, except that is a fantastic price for tube socks. They're all I sleep in.

I can laugh at that because it's ignorant.

Most animal rights activists don't dispute that animals aren't self-conscious, and probably don't mind too much if you eat them. The reason for their struggle is the mistreatment of animals farmed for consumption.

I can laugh at it because it's funny, and because every Animal Rights activist I've ever met sounds EXACTLY like South Park's portrayal of PETA. Not saying I disagree with the principal you stated, but that I think incessantly crying about it and lashing out at other humans with malice isn't any different. Cruelty to animals (human or otherwise) is cruetly to animals. Unfortunately there's more hypocrisy in that movement than I care for personally. If they'd quit doing alarming shit to get attention and simply alert people to that there's no real need for such mis-treatment I think their points would be considered a little better. But too many of them just seem to want to be noticed, and are scapegoating love for animals as the reason.

Back