Crime White Power arson

Whether that's fair depends upon qualifying "some sympathy towards them" and who "them" is.
Edit: and it wouldn't hurt if you would be willing to demonstrate an understanding of the difference between empathy and sympathy.

About my name, it was the same for 9 years. I'm just in a phase right now; it'll chill out eventually.

My support for Trudeau is based upon my belief that he may be close to useless, but that's a fuck of a lot better than the worse than useless Conservatives. Have you heard about the Sheer robo-texts? Or the (lower case) conservative party racists having to drop out of the provincial election in Alberta? Or Doug Ford's government funded propaganda channel? They should not be allowed to wield any political power in this country. Fuck every one of those pricks.

The truth is, according to most sane measures, I'm really far left, except as that applies to the ridiculous bullshit activities that are attributed to them by right wing extremists.
Someone shit in your Cheerios?

Fair enough on the empathy comment.

As for what the left actually is? I think of them as the Evergreen college professors allowing radical kids to run amok. BAM loons. The ones constantly crying "ist" and the like. About as clear of a designation as alt-right has become in othrr words.

As for what the left actually is? I think of them as the Evergreen college professors allowing radical kids to run amok. BAM loons. The ones constantly crying "ist" and the like. About as clear of a designation as alt-right has become in othrr words.

Just be happy you've never been to Evergreen College.......

Yes, I will take that comment about shitty Cheerios and give it to your mom.

I kid, I kid. I'll cop to a harsh tone and chill out. But I will say I'm certain that the far left element is both far less numerous and far less influential than the extreme right. People act like they are the same or somehow far worse and that's just pure hogwash.

Just be happy you've never been to Evergreen College.......
I honestly don't know how I would have handled the situation Bret Weinstein found himself in. Between the irrational students hunting for his head and the lack of support, and in a few cases finger pointing, from faculty I probably would have went into flight or fight mode. The scene of him outside his clasroom with students yelling at him is reminiscent of corners I've been backed into. The complete absence of decorum had my hackels up.

I honestly don't know how I would have handled the situation Bret Weinstein found himself in. Between the irrational students hunting for his head and the lack of support, and in a few cases finger pointing, from faculty I probably would have went into flight or fight mode. The scene of him outside his clasroom with students yelling at him is reminiscent of corners I've been backed into. The complete absence of decorum had my hackels up.

That vid expressed maybe 4% of Evergreen's potential for stupidity.

Yes, I will take that comment about shitty Cheerios and give it to your mom.

I kid, I kid. I'll cop to a harsh tone and chill out. But I will say I'm certain that the far left element is both far less numerous and far less influential than the extreme right. People act like they are the same or somehow far worse and that's just pure hogwash.
Cool beans dude.

My beef is this - I expect intolerance and authoritarianism from the religious and intolerant (#Notall) right. I saw it in the 80s and the 90s and didn't like it then. And while much of the right has mellowed some of the left have adopted their tactics. Much of the left gives their own fringes a pass while you'd be hard pressed to find a conservative doing the same with anti-gay sentiment or racism. Even Andrew Scheer is on record saying he has no interest in opposing abortion rights or same sex marriage. To me that's a step in the right direction while Trudeas pandering to identities is a move in the wrong direction. Identity politcs is shallow and ultimately meaningless, so, along witn the moral brigade attitude I hate that what I consider my side take up the tactics of those I oppose.

Once again my main interest is social politics so that's where my focus lies. And while I couldn't believe Trudeau went through with Harpers $15B arms deal to SA I do give him credit with the way he's taken a stance against them lately. That's the solitary bright spot in an otherwise disappointing run.

That vid expressed maybe 4% of Evergreen's potential for stupidity.
Sorry but I don't get your meaning.

As in there's a lot more where that came from, or only 4% percent of Evergeen is so toxic? I think it's the former but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited:
Doesn't that attitude promote toxic-masculinity though?

I am not sure what to do for Blood and Thunder but asking him to repress his emotions does not seem healthy.

Whoever said anything about repression though?

Sorry but I don't get your meaning.

As in there's a lot more where that came from, or only 4% percent of Evergeen is so toxic? I think it's the former but it doesn't hurt to ask.
That video is but a glimpse into the retardation of evergreen. It's in the air, methinks.

Cool beans dude.

My beef is this - I expect intolerance and authoritarianism from the religious and intolerant (#Notall) right. I saw it in the 80s and the 90s and didn't like it then. And while much of the right has mellowed some of the left have adopted their tactics. Much of the left gives their own fringes a pass while you'd be hard pressed to find a conservative doing the same with anti-gay sentiment or racism. Even Andrew Scheer is on record saying he has no interest in opposing abortion rights or same sex marriage. To me that's a step in the right direction while Trudeas pandering to identities is a move in the wrong direction. Identity politcs is shallow and ultimately meaningless, so, along witn the moral brigade attitude I hate that what I consider my side take up the tactics of those I oppose.

Once again my main interest is social politics so that's where my focus lies. And while I couldn't believe Trudeau went through with Harpers $15B arms deal to SA I do give him credit with the way he's taken a stance against them lately. That's the solitary bright spot in an otherwise disappointing run.
On Saudi Arabia, it's not just lately. He fulfilled a commitment made by a previous government (more than you can say for some Conservatives) but aside from that he's been unwavering in his stance with them since he took office. Aside from the costume nonsense that no one with a brain gives a shit about, his foreign and international trade policy appears to be noteworthy.

At the same time, I was under the impression you were center-right and more or less anti-progressive.

On Saudi Arabia, it's not just lately. He fulfilled a commitment made by a previous government (more than you can say for some Conservatives) but aside from that he's been unwavering in his stance with them since he took office. Aside from the costume nonsense that no one with a brain gives a shit about, his foreign and international trade policy appears to be noteworthy.
I'd be a lot more willing to accept the fulfillment of existing commitments argument if he would have stoof firm with the building of the pipeline. And while we'll never find much common ground concerning Trudeau, at least I wouldn't trade him for Trump any more, so there's that.

That video is but a glimpse into the retardation of evergreen. It's in the air, methinks.
Got it. The whole story was downright surreal. A real life example of the inmates running the asylum.

That's very unfortunate. I hope they catch the guys who did it.

Back