• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

White Noise - Movie on Netflix

I was watching it and the movie was weird for a bit, but then I fell asleep watching it lol

Looks surreal and arty, definitely seeking an aesthetic.

The director Noam Baumbach is Wes Anderson's friend and collaborator, so that should have given you an idea what to expect

It's based on a Don DeLillo novel so it definitely won't be for everyone.

Yeah it's like Kurt Vonnegut and William S. Burroughs, the surrealism and fragmented narrative make his novels "unfilmable."

Looks surreal and arty, definitely seeking an aesthetic.

The director Noam Baumbach is Wes Anderson's friend and collaborator, so that should have given you an idea what to expect

It's an attempt to make a watchable movie out of a surreal philosophical satire. I'll probably watch it.I like Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach.

FYI these are the people who are currently making the Barbie Movie with Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling. They are a married couple and she's his muse. Baumbach and Gerwig I mean, not Ken and Barbie.

No, Adam Driver.

Yeah I wasnt even going to watch it. Not a fan of Adam Driver, now if it was starring Micheal Keaton then yeah I would have watched. Loved him in Dopesick and that burger King movie. Not to mention all the other movies he was great in. But in Dopesick he was great.

The horror movie from around the early-mid 00's?

I prefer the album
01539261.JPG

It's based on a Don DeLillo novel so it definitely won't be for everyone.
Delillo is awesome. This is one of my favorite books. I was wondering whether this was his story or some other with the same name. He is a postmodern writer with some chops, but it isn't a Marvel action movie, so the ten year olds won't get it.

Yeah it's like Kurt Vonnegut and William S. Burroughs, the surrealism and fragmented narrative make his novels "unfilmable."
I would think it would take longer to tell such a story with film as the medium, which wouldn't make it unfilmable, but financially impossible for the studios to do justice to the novel. I will definitely watch it. I'm not expecting much, but I will watch it. I don't think it would be that hard of a story to tell, but it would take awhile, and likely bore people, because it is a story about people and a postmodern society that alienates and consumes all.

Edit: I highly recommend the book to anyone who isn't a mouth breather.

Only movie I ever liked Driver in was The Last Duel.

I watched it. I liked it overall. Wasn't blown away but it's entertaining. I do like Baumbach though.

Back