• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

White House Rejects Additional Pandemic Funding for CDC, Testing and Contact Tracing

Making sure to maintain the smile you're handing over your rights with while your grandkids get fucked with the giant dildo of tyranny
I mean fuck it. The longer the dumpster fire the longer it hangs on Trump. Stupid times.

Good Job, cut the fat....well done POTUS...

I don't understand how anyone could think contact tracing is a good idea. Fucking 1984 in here

Your 'freedum' wont mean zhit when you're in the hospital on a ventilator gasping for your last breaths will it?

- Hiring of thousands of temporary contact tracers across the country
- Developing a centralized database to process information for 50 different states, each with their own system
- Additional testing sites
- Expanding lab capacity

This was supported by GOP by the way.
I get that. But then I return to my original question: how does contact tracing help limit the spread when there's 5,000 people in close, uncontrolled quarters? If people are going to choose to be irresponsible, then the Government throwing money away does not help. Better to put the money towards treatment for the affected and research towards a vaccine and therapeutics.

I get that. But then I return to my original question: how does contact tracing help limit the spread when there's 5,000 people in close, uncontrolled quarters? If people are going to choose to be irresponsible, then the Government throwing money away does not help. Better to put the money towards treatment for the affected and research towards a vaccine and therapeutics.
Same way South Korea tracked down the woman that exposed her entire cult to the virus and the gay man that exposed multiple night clubs of party-goers in Seoul. Both of these cases involved hundreds of potential close contacts, who were informed of their exposure and told to isolate. Contact tracers not only informed them of their exposure, but kept track on compliance with quarantine order as well.

Of course, this has to be in conjunction with mobility restriction. Allowing or encouraging large crowd to gather is dangerous in a time of pandemic, regardless of political cause. With the current scale of problem in Murica, a nation wide lockdown needs to be put in place for 6 to 8 weeks before cases return to a more manageable level for proper contact tracing to work.

- Hiring of thousands of temporary contact tracers across the country
- Developing a centralized database to process information for 50 different states, each with their own system
- Additional testing sites
- Expanding lab capacity

This was supported by GOP by the way.

Thank God Trump rejected this

Same way South Korea tracked down the woman that exposed her entire cult to the virus and the gay man that exposed multiple night clubs of party-goers in Seoul. Both of these cases involved hundreds of potential close contacts, who were informed of their exposure and told to isolate. Contact tracers not only informed them of their exposure, but kept track on compliance with quarantine order as well.

Of course, this has to be in conjunction with mobility restriction. Allowing or encouraging large crowd to gather is dangerous in a time of pandemic, regardless of political cause. With the current scale of problem in Murica, a nation wide lockdown needs to be put in place for 6 to 8 weeks before cases return to a more manageable level for proper contact tracing to work.

Thats exactly what we don't want

Apparently any government body that is well enough to be known by its acronym is obviously not to be trusted by Trump.

Name one, thats significant, that should be trusted by any of us...

I really chuckled when you said Murica..

Oh god I am so shallow.

8wrpK5j_d.webp

If the CDC weren't such fuck ups, they'd get their funding.

I'm sorry that "They have an acronym that sounds prestigious and totally trustworthy" doesn't cut it for Trump.

Yes blame it on the CDC and not the president of the usa who since January has said this is like the flu and once it gets hot it will just disappear "miraculously" cause we all know Trump and god are so tight. He has also called a liberal hoax but yeah lets blame it on the ones who took it seriously, thats sounds smart and logical, right?....

Exactly what I was thinking , from afar it looks like this administration is trying to get Biden elected.
This admin knows Trumps house of cards would come crumbling down in a second term. May as well get him out and put Biden in place so when shit hits the fan from Trumps incompetence, they can point and say it’s the Democrats fault.

Good. I want less money allocated for contact tracing. I think we have bills proposed in the amounts of $100bil and $75bil just for contact tracing alone right now. Absurd.

Trump is destroying his chances at a second term with stuff like this. The "silent majority" cuts both ways. Most Republicans may have a more complex perspective on the contagion vs. economy trade-off, but that doesn't mean they will react positively to an ostrich burying his head in the sand.

Why bother. It will miraculously disappear. By Easter. 2021 or 2022?

Back