• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which was more impressive, Anderson destroying Forrest or Conor destroy Alvarez?

Gah this is driving me nuts!!! Forrest had beaten Rampage and Shogun both before AS embarrassed him, acting like Forrest was just some journeyman is bullshit. It's revisionist history at its finest.

don't mean to pick on you, several people keep repeating it, but it's just not true.

really, he "had beaten" Rampage?

and "that" Shogun?

The Alvarez fight was a better athletic achievement - particularly given the difficulties McGoof had previously encountered against a so-so LW in Diaz. Styles make fights...

Aesthetically, however, Silva going full Matrix was way better to watch. GOAT.

Conor was better. Silva was too chicken to fight the 205 champ when Silva was 185 champ.

Alvarez looked like a deer in headlights before the fight had even started. He froze in the biggest profile fight of his career. Griffin at least fought to win and not to lose like Alvarez.

Both were amazing! Anderson's more so to watch and Conor's for overall impact.

Anderson, that was special performance

Anderson destroyed a guy in a matter of minutes, who had just recently held the LHW title. Griffin didn’t even land a meaningful blow, and ran out of the cage in tears. He was never the same fighter. I got to go with Silva.

Dude...Conor has become quite a trashy human being, and not he's making MMA worse in the eye of a public.
I doubt he'll fight again and kinda hope he doesn't , because he's not good for a sport.

That being said, he dominated a very strong, overall skillful, and experienced opponent. Who was the best LW in the world at the time of the fight.
Forrest has never been on Alvarez' level...with all due respect.

The fucking Leprechaun NEVER had any inclination of defending his fluke.

Pre-fight I think you can agree that there's a bigger stand up skill gap between Anderson and Forrest than there is between Conor and Eddie?

Nope. Just more ball-guzzlers rooting for Conor.

That's sweet.
You probably believe in Santa as well.

What a pathetic reductio ad absurdum, just to try to save your face instead of admitting that I'm right and proved you wrong

Conor nuthuggers galore. Pathetic...
Jesus right? Like they all crawled outta the woodwork or something...
Like how much is the UFC marketing team paying these guys to keep this coward relevant?

Forrest was a lamb to the slaughter, he didn't believe he stood a a chance.

Eddie on the other hand was the champ and always gives everyone a hard fight.

Forrest wasn't even legit knocked down, he was waiting for an opportunity to go down because of the embarrassment.

Anderson imo

Because fuck you all.

All those who choose Anderson:

I understand that you're biased because you hate Conor.
But with choosing Anderson, you do not devalue Conor - you devalue Eddie Alvarez, a great fighter that has been in the game long before Conor even heard of MMA.
And you make it look like putting a beating on him is a piece of cake.

Be ashamed.

Conor imo and its not even close. Forrest was a former not current champion who was taking xanax a day before the fight. Alverez is a top all time lw and forrest is probably outside of the top 10 all time lhws

Anderson’s performance was more impressive to watch, but based on quality of opponent I would say Conor.

kind of this ^.

It's really hard to say. Anderson looked like he was in an action movie. Conor put on a masterful performance against a champion.

Anderson made you think "what the fuck just happened, is this real?" Whereas, Conor just looked 100% dominant against the champ in the weightclass above. That's not to downplay what conor did at all (it was masterful, as I said), but it didn't have the same awe factor. But it's all subjective in the end. They were both amazing performances that I'm happy I got to see live.

Nope. Just more ball-guzzlers rooting for Conor.

If you're saying that on paper Forrest was anywhere close to the level of Prime Anderson in striking you're an extreme Conor hater.

What a pathetic reductio ad absurdum, just to try to save your face instead of admitting that I'm right and proved you wrong

I don't need to prove you wrong. You claim that a specific fighter is a clear number 1 because I do not claim a different fighter is?
That is silly even by Sherdog logic, and all the Latin in the world won't change that.

You see, there is a basic principle in logic by which the one making claims is the one who needs to do the proving, not the other way around.

So go on, and prove to the best of your abilities.
I'll give you a hint: being a champion is a proof of a victory over a former champion, not a badge of undisputed value.

Conor for sure but that. But Forrest getting tooled was funnier

Back