Television Which Vivian Banks do you prefer?

Dude is talented, he can dance, he can sing, can act. His career seemed stunted.

Agreed. While I'd like to see him act more, I think he's great in the hosting type of role that he finds himself in now. Its just America's Funniest Home Videos is not a good enough show for him but once you get into those hosting type gigs, I feel you're in like Flynn. Look at the Seacrests of the world. I can see him going on to hosting a bigger show and making a lot of money. Not only an affable guy but legitimately talented.

The first Aunt Viv had fire, she was a memorable character who left her mark on a lot of episodes. I can honestly say that the only moment I can vaguely remember with the second Aunt Viv was when Jazz recognized that she wasn't the real deal. The rest of the time it seems like she was just there.

Dark Viv. She had a more firey, strong personality. Light Viv felt more like a "Mom" placeholder.

Yea, I knew what I was doing.

Agreed. While I'd like to see him act more, I think he's great in the hosting type of role that he finds himself in now. Its just America's Funniest Home Videos is not a good enough show for him but once you get into those hosting type gigs, I feel you're in like Flynn. Look at the Seacrests of the world. I can see him going on to hosting a bigger show and making a lot of money. Not only an affable guy but legitimately talented.

I agree, he's a great host. Doesn't he host another show as well?

source2.gif

Jeez. I just watched the reunion and never knew she got screwed by will.

Dude is talented, he can dance, he can sing, can act. His career seemed stunted.

He actually had a pretty good freestyle dance / early b-boy song as a kid in the 80s.

original was a realistic strong black woman of means who loved her kids.

I'll never forget the episode where she went to get Carlton and Will because they were going to sell gucci bags in some dangerous neighborhood event. That the hardened gang bangers respected Vivian Banks putting them in their place was realistic too. Vivian had an aura about her that made tou believe in her and yourself.

Replacement vic was a joke and completely unbelievable as a university professor who grew up in philly.

Back