Opinion Which US president was the most badass?

Most badass US president?

• Total voters
Teddy is undisputed just for the sheer range of shit he got into. I have a special place in my heart for Abe because his Illinois life was wild (did you know he was a vampire hunter? j/k).

But there were some real badasses in office over the years. Really do need a return to that level of leadership. Men who understand the cost of being a badass, not just the reputation.

It has to be Washington

He was a president that led a guerilla war against the greatest military power on earth and won, and birthed the nation in doing so. He spent months and months in really tough conditions with his army. He actually served out in the field with his men.

Teddy Roosevelt was a rich kid looking to play cowboy and display a caricature of masculinity in hopes of proving what a man he was, and not some WASPy dork, which is what he actually was. Miss me with that bullshit.

TR_at_Harvard_11421969.jpg
Chris Leben?

It has to be Washington

He was a president that led a guerilla war against the greatest military power on earth and won, and birthed the nation in doing so. He spent months and months in really tough conditions with his army. He actually served out in the field with his men.

Teddy Roosevelt was a rich kid looking to play cowboy and display a caricature of masculinity in hopes of proving what a man he was, and not some WASPy dork, which is what he actually was. Miss me with that bullshit.

You don't think Washington was a rich kid? Roosevelt literally gave a speech after being shot in the chest. That's as badass as it gets.

You don't think Washington was a rich kid? Roosevelt literally gave a speech after being shot in the chest. That's as badass as it gets.
Sure, Washington was a noble. But he did what he did out of necessity. He didn't go out and play cowboys and indians because it sounded fun to him and would show what a man he is. He led and won a guerilla war from the field, out of necessity

Sure, Washington was a noble. But he did what he did out of necessity. He didn't go out and play cowboys and indians because it sounded fun to him and would show what a man he is. He led and won a guerilla war from the field, out of necessity

So he was a rich kid. Roosevelt also a rich kid, overcame being a sickly child, his wife and mother literally dying on the same day, resigned from political bureaucracy to lead men on the front line in war, was nominated for a medal of honor for his actions in the battle of Kettle Hill, and like I said, literally gave a speech after being shot in the chest by a would be assassin.

You can argue that Washington is the GOAT. But Roosevelt wins the BMF title hands down.

So he was a rich kid. Roosevelt also a rich kid, overcame being a sickly child, his wife and mother literally dying on the same day, resigned from political bureaucracy to lead men on the front line in war, was nominated for a medal of honor for his actions in the battle of Kettle Hill, and like I said, literally gave a speech after being shot in the chest by a would be assassin.

You can argue that Washington is the GOAT. But Roosevelt wins the BMF title hands down.
Roosevelt effectively saw one day of combat, as opposed to other presidents who were actually soldiers. As I mentioned earlier, much of Roosevelt's military and sporting reputation was political branding. Tough dude no doubt, and a discussion of who is more badass is pretty silly, but Roosevelt was not really a soldier. It'd be like if Elon Musk decided tomorrow that he was going to lead a company of mercenaries and tacticool dudes funded by Silicon Valley bros into combat in Ukraine.

Roosevelt effectively saw one day of combat, as opposed to other presidents who were actually soldiers. As I mentioned earlier, much of Roosevelt's military and sporting reputation was political branding. Tough dude no doubt, and a discussion of who is more badass is pretty silly, but Roosevelt was not really a soldier. It'd be like if Elon Musk decided tomorrow that he was going to lead a company of mercenaries and tacticool dudes funded by Silicon Valley bros into combat in Ukraine.

But he did serve in combat and posthumously received a Medal Of Honor for his actions. AND that's literally only 1 of dozens of badass stories about the dude. To put it in MMA terms, he may not be the GOAT, but he's got the BMF title on lock.

But he did serve in combat and posthumously received a Medal Of Honor for his actions. AND that's literally only 1 of dozens of badass stories about the dude. To put it in MMA terms, he may not be the GOAT, but he's got the BMF title on lock.
His Medal of Honor was effectively a political ploy. Notice how no other soldiers at San Juan Hill were awarded one, contemporaneously or posthumously. The Rough Riders also didn't perform that great in the battle, and none of the Buffalo Soldiers involved were awarded either, despite leading the charge.

A better mma analogy would be John Du Pont if he were younger. Again, if you want to nominate Teddy for the top spot, there's plenty of an argument. But it shouldn't be based off of his military career when you consider I could easily named 10 US presidents with more significant careers than him.

His Medal of Honor was effectively a political ploy. Notice how no other soldiers at San Juan Hill were awarded one, contemporaneously or posthumously. The Rough Riders also didn't perform that great in the battle, and none of the Buffalo Soldiers involved were awarded either, despite leading the charge.

A better mma analogy would be John Du Pont if he were younger. Again, if you want to nominate Teddy for the top spot, there's plenty of an argument. But it shouldn't be based off of his military career when you consider I could easily named 10 US presidents with more significant careers than him.

Like I said, his military service, which he had no obligation to do, was just one small part of his BMF resume.

lol. None of this is true.

JFK saving a man during WW2 by swimming like 4 miles while dragging him along, after their boat was destroyed by the Japanese, is badass.

The gibberish around his assassination is nonsense.

Ya, but he let himself get shot. He should have dodged.

Like I said, his military service, which he had no obligation to do, was just one small part of his BMF resume.
Most presidents who have served had no obligation to do so. Teddy was a complex dude, but he was also horrifying naïve about war and had the same view as most of Britain's aristocrats going into WWI that got millions massacred for stupid reasons and with stupid tactics. Teddy was simply the benefit of right time and place, he kept beating the same drumbeat going into WW1. The main reason he was spared the same public embarrassment as the British gentry was that Wilson didn't like him and also the idea of putting him in charge of the military expedition instead of Pershing was ludicrously dumb.

Again, Teddy was simply a younger Du Pont in many respects. I don't think you or I would laud Du Pont's physical prowess and badassery would we?

Back