Which sports/competitions have the best trophies?

Rimbaud82

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In your opinion obviously.

I think the Web Ellis Trophy is one of the best looking, though it's quite small.

Webb_Ellis_Trophy.jpg

You can post the worst ones too (In your opinion obviously)

Even though it's quite plain I like the Stanley Cup. Looks very rugged. Plus it's huge.

Stanley-Cup.jpg

The Stanley Cup is pretty awesome.

I hate the MLB World Series Trophy. It looks like a blower motor fan.

The Stanley Cup is pretty awesome.

I hate the MLB World Series Trophy. It looks like a blower motor fan.

I just googled the MLB one, looks pretty ugly.

If you include team rivalry games, college football has some for both categories.
Iowa v Minnesota has the Floyd of Rosedale Trophy. The original Floyd was a real pig.
hqdefault.jpg

Oregon v Oregon State has the Platypus Trophy, a trophy so ugly that when it was lost no one cared to look for it. Decades later when it was found in an old office or storage area, neither university wanted it back; it is now exchanged by alumni groups.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Ugly but it does reflect both universities - the Ducks and the Beavers.

Last edited:
If you include team rivalry games, college football has some for both categories.
Iowa v Minnesota has the Floyd of Rosedale Trophy. The original Floyd was a real pig.
hqdefault.jpg

Oregon v Oregon State has the Platypus Trophy, a trophy so ugly that when it was lost no one cared to look for it. Decades later when it was found in an old office or storage area, neither university wanted it back; it is now exchanged by alumni groups.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Ugly but it does reflect both universities - the Ducks and the Beavers.

Christ you wouldn't even wanna win those haha

That cricket series The Ashes has the coolest trophy and backstory imo. On my phone and can't post much, but it's worth looking up

The Naismith trophy is the only thing ugly enough to give to college basketball

blog_naismith_award.jpg

Just gonna get bigger and bigger. Every year the name of every player on the winning team is engraved

No, it won't. The highest of the large rings get taken off to make room for a new one at the bottom when needed. It stays the same size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back