Which sparring headgear should I use?

ill consider it. maybe light sparring with the bgv9s or the aliens (ill be going to a new gym soon so ill have to check to see if their bags are soft enough to use win1s, it would be more convenient as an all rounder for those random 1 round sparring sessions). i dont think ill be able to afford another pair of gloves for awhile if i do decide to save up for winning headgear. saw a dude saying if he could go back he'd just save up and buy winnings headgear. so i might just take his advice and do that.
do you by any chance know where u can get winning headgear for possibly cheaper than the official website at 325usd?

i really like that springy recoil off the bag with punchers gloves, the feedback too and the fact i can feel every punch. does the bgv9s fit this category? and do you think they are comfortable, protective enough and durable to use for long bag sessions?

do win1s feel bad on the aqua bag too?

ill use my flys X for sparring only as i wanna preserve that.

i really appreciate the help! sorry for having so many questions!
The bvg9 will be good for you good feedback and fine for long bag sessions.

For the winning keep an eye on eBay you should be able to get one in decent condition (nearly new) for a lot less

I really didn’t like 16oz win1 or fly on the bag felt they was too soft. Bvg9 are a bit hard for sparring the Reyes should be ok once they are broken in a few people spar in those at gyms I use. Or get some bvg9 for bag and pads and win1 stock model to spar in
The new models of the flys seem more suited towards bags then sparring tbh

New fly glove models?
Its been reported in a few different places (here, youtube, reddit), the padding has changed significantly in the superloop/superlace gloves both X-line & Premium. Supposedly much denser and firmer.

Its been reported in a few different places (here, youtube, reddit), the padding has changed significantly in the superloop/superlace gloves both X-line & Premium. Supposedly much denser and firmer.
Oh interesting I hadn’t seen that I did hear that the x line might have changed. That’s interesting any idea when that change happened? I can’t really justify a 2nd pair to check haha

Oh interesting I hadn’t seen that I did hear that the x line might have changed. That’s interesting any idea when that change happened? I can’t really justify a 2nd pair to check haha
i think the change happened around when the new colours came in for the x line so decemberish

i have the fly premiums and they're very dense compared to my old fly x's which were suppose to be the same as premiums. Apparently talking to a few people, the new x line is even more stiff then the new premiums

i think the change happened around when the new colours came in for the x line so decemberish

i have the fly premiums and they're very dense compared to my old fly x's which were suppose to be the same as premiums. Apparently talking to a few people, the new x line is even more stiff then the new premiums
Fly have said that the padding is unchanged. Maybe the material being used is different which could account for the different feel in terms of stiffness. When I talked them about the tightness of my premium they said it was because the ox blood leather is thicker than their other leathers I think different thickness and stiffness of Materials could be what people are experiencing in

Fly have said that the padding is unchanged. Maybe the material being used is different which could account for the different feel in terms of stiffness. When I talked them about the tightness of my premium they said it was because the ox blood leather is thicker than their other leathers I think different thickness and stiffness of Materials could be what people are experiencing in
I don't think so

It's without a doubt not just the material

No matter how deep I push my finger in it's just much firmer then my old gloves werei like the new thumb more though

But even if that was the case it doesn't change the fact that the X and premium line are much firmer and worse to be hit by now then the gloves you could receive 9 months ago

But even if that was the case it doesn't change the fact that the X and premium line are much firmer and worse to be hit by now then the gloves you could receive 9 months ago
Ok well I am only passing on what fly have said

Fait point, that's why I sent back the Twins BVGL, couldn't see anything out of that.
But I think there are some headgears that almost don't hinder your vision, like the Hayabusa T3.
Btw, if someone knows where I can find a T3 (the full face, with the chin protection in size L/Xl (for my Henry Cejudo type of head), feel free to PM me ;)

having a big headgear will make u a bigger target. you'll take more punches. the process of u getting brain damage will be accelerated with big bulky headgear on. when your head shakes it kills brain cells, whether its from mike tyson or a power shot from a dude in a smaller weight class. every shot that shakes ur head enough kills brain cells, when you've lost enough you show symptoms of brain damage. headgear wont save you from cte. you may be better off having no headgear on if all u care about is ur brain.

i had a full face fairtex headgear it was terrible. i hate the chin pad, it built bad habits, it was bulky and felt like a microwave 2 mins through. i would rather spar without headgear, but i need to get one cuz if i get cut my parents r gonna kill me.

im saving up to buy the winning fg2900. personally id rather have vision, comfort and the headgear to be lightweight (and durability) over protection any day. not only do i feel more comfortable, have more vision and look more badass sparring (cuz the chin pad is and looks stoopid) but i take less shots to the head.

imma get real pissed if people think of me as spoilt just cuz i got winnings tho. got one brain and i wanna protect it.

Back