• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Released Fights Deserve Another Shot in the UFC? (Moreno Bless!)

Gotta say it irritates me a little how much Dana sounded like he was patting himself on the back as if cutting Moreno turned him around, making the UFC the good guy in it
Everything he says is self serving. What has Moreno said about it. Stuff like that can be a catalyst to greater things. But that would be Moreno’s doing. Not the UFC’s.

Rin Nakai.

But, Hamderlei if the UFC ever grows the necessary brain cells to realize it needs an atom weight division.

Jarl
Rin had no business fighting prime Tate at BW. Her only two losses were 2 UFC BW. That’s some fucked up match making. When they made 125 I thought it was a no brainer.

All her wins don’t have Wikipages, but still. 25-2.. should have given her another shot, imo.

Liana Jojua and Racheal Ostovich
That’s weird. Ostovich fought PVZ in BKFC in July 2021. Supposedly signed a multi fight deal in February 2022.. That’s a year ago. Why isn’t she fighting? Anybody know?

4-6 in mma btw. That’s not UFC quality.

Jojua.. lost last 2 in the UFC (1-3 UFC), and her next at Ares FC 6. Truly world class body. But again.. Not UFC quality, unfortunately.

I didn't know Moreno was cut, don't really remember him until his current UFC run but I have the memory of a goldfish.

Eduardo Dantas… I know he was never signed, but I’d like to see him get signed… always liked him and glad he’s recovered from that nasty injury….wasn’t happy w his release from Bellator

Pretty sure they cut Maia instead of letting him do a retirement fight.
Belal and Burns are legit title contenders, losing to them should not be cut worthy.

Maia wasn't the typical fun style but him and Yahya make smothering grappling fun to watch and the UFC shouldn't have cut such a vet that's capable of winning.... yet they set Shogun up for murder

Maia vs Wonderboy, Neal, Luque, Price, Ponz, Periera, Leech, D-rod, Chiesa
Any one of those matchups would've been awesome for a last fight

eh maybe just yoel romero. he fucking beat whittaker, should be 185 champ. ngannou to. but thats it. too much fluff on their roster, not surprised their cutting people every few days.

Pretty sure they cut Maia instead of letting him do a retirement fight.
He fought out his contract and retired from MMA. Don't remember whether he had sought a specific opponent for his final fight.

Why, what did you see in him, what was his stand out qualities.
Been awhile since I've seen him fight, but I remember way above average athletic potential, really good kicking game, and a generally more interesting style than is typical at WW. People seem to think he was some washout, probably because of losing to Micky Gall (said he had strep during the fight), but he was 6-2 in the UFC, and on a three fight win streak. He wanted to get paid, Dana had other ideas, and he walked over to One.

Rhys McKee got smashed by Khamzat in his first fight in the UFC and since his release has went back and won the Cage Warriors belt. Always in entertaining fights, always up for a dog fight and always improving too. Would love to see him back in the UFC with a reasonable opponent line up for his first couple of fights so he can show what he's capable of!

He fought out his contract and retired from MMA. Don't remember whether he had sought a specific opponent for his final fight.
He was askinbg for one if my memory isn't betraying me here. Seemed confused why the UFC wouldn't do it.

Back