Which punch was better, JDS on Hunt or Rumble on Cormier?

100action

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Both sent the respective tubsters rolling in the exact same fashion, both also made a sickening noise live:

UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd1-Slomo-3-400-sg.gif

or

EnragedFrenchKitty.gif

AJ blasted Cormier flush on the jaw, whereas JDS as per usual landed his club-hand conveniently on the back of Hunt's head.

AJ's punch is better, imo.

Both were wicked, but I do think I liked JDS' more when I saw them live. It was fucking insane and the sound was amazing. Looking closer AJ's likely landed better.

AJ blasted Cormier flush on the jaw, whereas JDS as per usual landed his club-hand conveniently on the back of Hunt's head.

AJ's punch is better, imo.

This. Damn I wish Hunt didn't break his toe in that fight.

AJ for sure. Somehow JDS is better at hitting his opponent's ear or close, making him lose his balance.

AJ just pounded Cormier's face with all the torque he could produce.

And I think Jones wouldn't survive that punch. And that was one of many clean strikes AJ landed in that fight.

JDS.

Sent Hunt flying across the cage and he never recovered from that punch.

Just goes to show you how much power Junior Dos Santos has behind his punches. IIRC he continued to find a home for that overhand right which ultimately wore Hunt down and set up the left hook which ultimately set up the spinning back kick.

AJ's. Better opponent and cleaner punch. Though the JDS one was a thing of beauty as well, some insane power right there.

The real question is - How many Bispings would've died from both of these hammers? I'm having the number somewhere around 25. 15 for JDS and 10 for AJ

Last edited:
Watching it in slow mo now I would say Rumble. But I saw both of those fights live and the sound JDS' fist made when it cracked Hunt's dome sounded like it would have killed a normal person.

Back