Which popular fighters rub you the wrong way?

I think those that I dislike cause they're massive douchebags, act like cavemen or are just atrocious people with atrocious opinions they spew into world can't be taken for silly reasons, in fact there's no better reason to dislike a person you only know through a TV screen. So people like Khabib, Tito Ortiz, the Diaz brothers, Masvidal, Covington, Ronda Rousey, Cody Garbrandt, Jon Jones, Tank Abbott, Matt Hughes, or as of recently Adesanya are all perfectly reasonable to be disgusted by time and time again, no matter how many fans they may have, how entertaining their fights are or how good of an athlete anyone of them is.

Those that I dislike for reasons I can't explain rationally, there are names like Johnny Hendricks, Chris Weidman, Chris Leben or Jared Rosholt among them. I guess with such cases where they have either never done something I consider bad or I just don't remember anything of the sorts in relation to them, it's just the opposite of spontaneous sympathy.

Conor - no explanation needed
Nate - this dude thinks hes an elite and has thought. " I've been winning forever ". That just put me over - lol.
Alistair used to but not anymore .He carries himself well - now - which is a shame. He was such a talented fighter ( still but not what he was)

"Sakuraba springs to mind. He's probably the least hated, most succesful.".

That was the point. You chose to respond to the "obvious" part, obviously.
No shit because what you prefaced the Saku bit with is painstakingly obvious and is part of life. Basically doesn’t even need to be pointed out.

No shit because what you prefaced the Saku bit with is painstakingly obvious and is part of life. Basically doesn’t even need to be pointed out.

Lol. I was merely saying that Sakuraba is probably the greatest fighter that rubs the least peoble the wrong way.

There's not much in it, really. It is what it is, don't take it so seriously.

Cormier and Conor. Seeing them feud is hysterical <45>

Never liked Frankie Edgar

Israel would be my favorite fighter if he never spoke or posted anything on social media

In addition to some of the more obvious ones like Conor and Jones, I'd add Rumble (woman hitter and fight quitter)

In addition to some of the more obvious ones like Conor and Jones, I'd add Rumble (woman hitter and fight quitter)

Rumbles a great one, i felt the same after that domestic shit

Same goes for BJ

The diaz brothers. They’re both morons and so are there fans

Jorge No Mas-vidal: went from a cocky journeyman to a diva

Jon Jones: Pretty self explanatory... PEDs, criminal activity, fake nice guy... Should have just embraced the heel from the get go

Khabib: can't respect his 3rd world ideologies and also seems a little fake

Franky Edgar, Dominic Reyes, Cowboy, TJ, Wonderboy.

Diaz brothers, especially Nate. Massive fan favourites but I dislike them both. Extremely stupid (even for cage fighter standards) and very sore losers.
nate-diaz-17.jpg
sddefault.jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
khabib-nurmagomedov-al-iaquinta-ufc.jpg Gleison-Tibau-vs-khabib.jpg
gettyimages-113295249-1024x1024.jpg
usa-today-9005969.0.jpg
079_Nathan_Diaz_vs_Michael_Johnson.0.0.jpg
usa-today-8269561.0.jpg
nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-ufc-196.jpg

Khabib. He preaches legacy legacy legacy but always takes easy way and avoids risk of any kind.

Think he is the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. You guys trash McGregor but McGregor has balls of steel in comparison.

Khabib walks around at 185 which is more than Nate Diaz walk around weight. Yet Khabib never once mentioned moving up in weight. Why doesnt he?

Its real simple...all the elite grapplers are next division up. His current division has essentially no elite grapplers except Justin Gaejthe who never utilizes it...EVER.

I can guarantee you if they were all primarily strikers with mediocre take down defense...he would already be a double champ.

Of the Khabibz alleged 28 wins...most of them were fought against absolute no name bums.

Khabib has fought only about a handful of elite fighters most of which are considered to be gatekeepers most of which Nate Diaz smoked prior to him...all of which were pure strikers

What is Khabibs most career defining victory? Honestly its real simple...Conor McGregor...who was beat x2 prior by Nathaniel Diaz. Stylistically McGregor is a easy fight for Khabib.

Bare in mind Nate Diaz was literally bish slapping McGregor in both fights. At any point if Diaz wasn't such a stubborn badazz he could taken McGregor down early and tired him and beat him Khabib way. Not a chance.

Khabib relies on his opponent having extremely inferior ground game. Also most of Khabibs opponents were smaller and weaker than himself.

Talk all the shyt you want about Diaz brothers but while Khabib was fighting untrained bums in Russia...they were fighting consistently the very best in the world. Nate moved up early in career to fight former and would be champions of next division. Win lose or draw Nate fights to the death every time terminator style.

Contrast this to Khabib whenever he has faced decent opponents he is shooting for the groin from the very start.

Legacy my azz. If you want preach legacy...grow a pair and earn it.

Khabib got his belt by beating unranked real estate agent raging Al who came off 2 year layoff.

How did he beat Raging Al? A Decision.

Why didn't he finish Raging Al?

Because Raging Al had decent enough ground to prevent Khabib from keeping him down and mounting a finish.

This fight single handledly exposed the most overrated padded fighter in UFC history since Ronda Rousey. Khabib Nurmanagov.

Last edited:
Back