which one

Honestly, though it takes alot of flak, Kyokushin Karate is a solid style basis in striking, Bas has studied it in the past and it has maintained a serious influence on his system, and George St. Pierre shows a lot of it.

I agree, go with Kyokushin Karate. That's what I'm going to be taking when I move to NY. I was considering ShorinjiKempo (striking, joint locks, throws), but its lack of much full contact sparring puts a question mark on its effectiveness for me, although I've read that they are going to start doing it again.

I would think with a name like Sullivan, you'd have been boxing as long as you've been walking.

bdweezil6998 said:
I would think with a name like Sullivan, you'd have been boxing as long as you've been walking.

from new york city "irish" steve o'sullivan, sounds like a boxing name too me.

i no this sounds really stupid but because everyone esle does it....... yes everyone else does it for a reason but i like being a little differnt

Become a boxer but do crazier stuff, or you could become a boxer (because the training would be good nevertheless) and hybrid it up with other striking arts. Might as well have a boxing base, because it works. You can always do Kyo~~~ whatever it is, and other stuff as well.

I think "American" kickboxing is cool.

Maybe you could apprentice under Tank Abbott and become a pro brawler.

there are a bunch of striking arts out there that all have positive and negatives but two I like are KK if you like pounding each others bodies to a pulp, be prepare for many nights of a bath tub of ice water till u get used to it or TKD if you wanna have crazy kicks but I suggest making sure you find a good skool with a heavy bag so you can work ur hands more. Best advice is just to look around and look for a legit skool with a down to earth and experienced intructors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back