• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which of these are you?

If you HAD to pick one or the other, which one are you more like?

1. A person that gives a lot to others, and expects a lot in return.

2. A person that doesn't give much, but doesn't expect much in return.

I think my wife and I are opposites in this regard.

For instance, when I'm sick, I don't want to be a burden. So I ask her to not fuss over me. If I need something I'll ask, but otherwise just let me lie here in misery. You go enjoy life since you're not sick right now.

But when she's sick it's like every 5 minutes she needs something. Can you get me medicine, can you make me tea, can you make me soup, oh that medicine didn't work so now I want a different kind, can you put a blanket on me, oh I volunteered to make 400 cookies for the kids school so can you do it now since I'm too sick...

And I'm not making fun of her. She's happy to do all that stuff for me when I'm sick. But she expects it in return. And I'm just not like that.

Anyhoo, which are you?

Like you, I'm a man. We don't just leech off others.

It's accepted to be weak and needy if you're a woman. You pull that shit as a dude and you lose your man card.

Women are takers in a relationship with a man. They take and expect things from you but offer little in return. I guess things change when they have kids.

I don't give much and don't want anything back. Just leave me alone.

Neither. I go down on my wife no questions asked. She is Bisexual, and has been with other women, but says i am better then any woman she has ever been with. I just tell her, those Lesbo's are think for there selfers, and just want to get theirs.
Lol I haven't went down on a chick since my teens and have no intention of ever doing it again. Mainly because it is God awful boring and does nothing for me. Yes me. That's who I'm concerned about. Like 2 Short said bitches come a dime a dozen......

Your wife gives you a lot when you are sick, but she expects it from you too.

I never ask anything and I expect the same from my wife. Expectations are often the problem...

Actually, I don't mind doing something, but I wouldn't like to be asked many things unnecessary. But my wife will not ask me anything, so I am happy when she asks me something when she is sick. At least I know she is still alive and at least I helped her a little to get through it.

Closer to 2. I don't give a lot and I expect far less... often times we "give" for ourselves as much as for the person receiving the gift. There's a Buddhist idea (I think) about gift receiving, something like "one should accept gifts because it's more about the gift giver than if you want or need it". I don't "give" as much because I don't want to "receive" at all and I was raised to treat others as I'd like to be treated...

And I despise people who give then expect and determine what's an equitable return...

If you're my friend and you need something, I'll do it no questions asked

And I'll never ask for anything back

Back