• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Which Leatherface was the scariest?

I think the 2003, one

He gets his arm chopped off and cuts his own leg deep with his chainsaw by mistake yet still lives.

Also this scene

I remember seeing the remake in the theater, that scene was fucked up when you realize the mask he’s wearing.. I mean imagine being that chick in that moment and then seeing that.

The original film is more demented/creepy -but the remake is more brutal. Both are great films imo

That said re-make Leatherface seemed legit scary to deal with.

d3b7d46f1e053474b0a88783af6856eb.jpg
<{anton}><[analyzed}>

I'll raise you though.......
Patricia_Krentcil.jpg

The original, then part 3. Easy call.

I disagree the 2003 he was creepier, stealthier, stronger, seemed bigger, had more wild kills and better chase scenes. He also is severly injured for life and armless and his corrupt dad the 2nd muscle the "sheriff" is killed.

The 2003 one is a modern remake where they basically took every thing the first one did and made it "bigger" and "scarier" but the original is still the most realistic. In the original he seems like an overgrown man-child with some kind of retardation. Also, the original door scene is the best:

If I ever move to Texas the first thing I'm gonna buy is a chainsaw.

The Original, from my memory the original humanizes him a bit more compared to that of the remake which makes him out to be some sort of cliched powerful horror super villian.

The original gives you a bit more insight who he is, you get more information that he is extremely disturbed, has the IQ of a child, the sexual fantasies of mutilation and that he's no this unstoppable killing force, making him a somewhat realistic and possible character.

I found the original way more disturbing considering the film used, the lack of score and just the entire rawness of the result of a budget film. A truly great film.

Last edited:
The original Leatherface was mentally retarded and confused. You got the sense if he had been raised by a different family he would've been okay. The remake's Leatherface was a psycho.

The first film overall was much more psychologically intense. Leatherface in film one was a creepy maniac, ill go with film one.

ee6e782e84f6def4e036000e79f3e5aff1-17-leatherface-movie.rsquare.w700.jpg

900x0.jpg

This is easily the correct answer.

I only saw the OG, so that's my default choice.

I always thought Leatherface was a Can, anyway. He wasn't in the same league as the Big Three: Michael, Jason and Freddy.

I only saw the OG, so that's my default choice.

I always thought Leatherface was a Can, anyway. He wasn't in the same league as the Big Three: Michael, Jason and Freddy.

That's because leatherface is in the remedial league along with the freaks from Hills have Eyes and some of the goons from house of 1000 corpses. He ranks very highly in that league.

I voted original because it's a legendary performance from an iconic film that's been incredibly influential for the genre, but if we put that aside and just look at individual performances, I think R Lee Ermey is easily the highlight of the entire franchise. He's basically just doing his FMJ schtick, and it's incredibly awesome.

Neither of them were particularly pleasant, but the 2003 version seems like he'd be the most problematic. That said, I might just have clearer memories of that flick, for some reason.

4b24a0a7de63bf53acadc0db22ae4807.jpg
She looked so hot in that movie almost as hot as she did in The Rules of Attraction.

I remember seeing the remake in the theater, that scene was fucked up when you realize the mask he’s wearing.. I mean imagine being that chick in that moment and then seeing that.

The original film is more demented/creepy -but the remake is more brutal. Both are great films imo

That said re-make Leatherface seemed legit scary to deal with.

I wonder who started the car horn. There is a scene if you remember the kids are drawn nearby to a stick put on a car horn pressing it down,

Was the kid Jedediah who did it? He later saved Jessica Biel character Erin

Also who sabtoaged their van?

Neither of them were particularly pleasant, but the 2003 version seems like he'd be the most problematic. That said, I might just have clearer memories of that flick, for some reason.

4b24a0a7de63bf53acadc0db22ae4807.jpg

Yep. The only thing i remember from that movie is Jessica Biel in that white tank top.

Back