Which fighters were you wrong about in 2016

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I know that admitting you are wrong on Sherdog is not something usually done but would be interesting to see which fights have gone up or down in posters eyes.

Tyron Woodley - Thought he was a one trick one pony and the McDonald loss where he had his back to the fence getting jabbed to death was what I thought about when he fought. Cracked the chin of Lawler with a bomb and then fought Wonderboy. His top game looked strong as fuck in round 1 and then was handling himself on the feet (despite what Rogan was trying to tell viewers) before almost knocking Wonderboy out in round 4. I also think he's not as bad a guy as others on this site think about him.

Cody Garbrandt - Probably the most wrong I have ever been about a fighter. Thought he was a live dog in Round 1 but if Cruz made it past that we would get a typical 50-45/49-46 Cruz decision where he would make Cody look like an idiot. Hand speed is ridiculous, when Cruz went for a TD Cody would grab a hold of that neck and make Cruz think twice about TDs from then on out and just to stick to a plan for 25 minutes against a maestro like Cruz was outstanding.

Can be anyone else than Bisping? If you followed him for the majority of his career you would never imagine him in the position he's at right now.

Yeah, I'd say Bisping.

I didn't think Bisping had a chance, literally I thought he had no chance to win against Rockhold.

Although, I feel like Rockhold wasn't even worried about anything in there. He fought insanely reckless

Cody Garbrandt beating Dominick Cruz was definitely a surprise. Tyron Woodley knocking out a tentative Robbie Lawler was just weird.

Conor McGregor. After watching him starch Aldo (albeit a flukey ko) I thought he was legit but then once seeing a skinny fat zero camp Cabo Nate absolutely embarrass and emasculate him on every level I realized I'd made a huge mistake

Yeah, I'd say Bisping.

I didn't think Bisping had a chance, literally I thought he had no chance to win against Rockhold.

Although, I feel like Rockhold wasn't even worried about anything in there. He fought insanely reckless

I've been saying for a few years now that I think Bisping is a bad matchup for Weidman. Usually I get laughed out of the room.

Beating Rockhold was a surprise but I thought he would beat Henderson more comfortably than he did.

Huge dom fan. Thought he'd get an easy 50-45

Cody really impressed me

Conor McGregor. After watching him starch Aldo (albeit a flukey ko) I thought he was legit but then seeing a skinny fat zero camp Cabo Nate absolutely embarrass him I realized I'd made a huge mistake

you smell like a troll
it's not even questionable, Conor is GOAT
clears out his division, Knocks out the p4p king in 13 seconds - this alone should give the goat status
dominates the next devision champ is just the icing on the cake

till Jon wins the HW belt, no one comes close to Conor for GOAT contender

I've been saying for a few years now that I think Bisping is a bad matchup for Weidman. Usually I get laughed out of the room.

Beating Rockhold was a surprise but I thought he would beat Henderson more comfortably than he did.

I thought Henderson won that fight. Some judges didn't give Henderson the fifth round and I don't even get how. Hendo was the most aggressive in that round.

I know that admitting you are wrong on Sherdog is not something usually done but would be interesting to see which fights have gone up or down in posters eyes.

Tyron Woodley - Thought he was a one trick one pony and the McDonald loss where he had his back to the fence getting jabbed to death was what I thought about when he fought. Cracked the chin of Lawler with a bomb and then fought Wonderboy. His top game looked strong as fuck in round 1 and then was handling himself on the feet (despite what Rogan was trying to tell viewers) before almost knocking Wonderboy out in round 4. I also think he's not as bad a guy as others on this site think about him.

Cody Garbrandt - Probably the most wrong I have ever been about a fighter. Thought he was a live dog in Round 1 but if Cruz made it past that we would get a typical 50-45/49-46 Cruz decision where he would make Cody look like an idiot. Hand speed is ridiculous, when Cruz went for a TD Cody would grab a hold of that neck and make Cruz think twice about TDs from then on out and just to stick to a plan for 25 minutes against a maestro like Cruz was outstanding.
Condit - I thought he would be champ lost against Lawler and then the Maia fight happened. But I think Maia does that too everyone in top 5 maybe Woodley could muscle him off him. But Condit took a Maia fight and it seems nobody wants to take a fight with him in the top 5. So props to Condit not ducking. I just thought he would breakthrough. Also Overeeem I thought he would be champ but then he just didn't show up against Stipe that night.

Ronda... not really a fan but was sure she'd come back after a year with vastly improved striking and really give it a red hot go...nup..

Cody, thought he was just a hot headed punk... nup...fought a great fight and came across as a pretty decent person.

It's kind of weird how Woodley is now the WW champ and Rory Mac isn't even in the UFC anymore.

Back