• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which fighter started their pro career at the earliest age?

GangGangGang

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Was checking Valentina's record and realized she started her pro career at the tender age of 15. She won by 2nd round TKO. It's hard to imagine a 15 year old female stepping inside the cage at the pro level.

Rory Macdonald also comes to mind. He was infamously known for being an all around MMA talent at a very early age. He made his pro debut a few months after his 16th birthday.

Does anyone else have fights at an earlier age than these two? Specifically pro fights only.

57f66fe3c36188e1178b458c.jpg

QfiQvA_NLVpeSS4En5UjxJ4dLfjIqXdHk1_IqYZdDR0YssMNmNX0IGNxeFdIZvambWmHom1xTIOeIX5AkmtvLoo8zgg9gxBVSK9rkhqaEwaAFoxAHbyQ_Ocw8pssCzHlikqdj7OZZQVDN41q92oEePpJ21XS94nduiQ

Whomever is on the best age cutting PED

Reactions: BNC
Was checking Valentina's record and realized she started her pro career at the tender age of 15. She won by 2nd round TKO. It's hard to imagine a 15 year old female stepping inside the cage at the pro level.

Rory Macdonald also comes to mind. He was infamously known for being an all around MMA talent at a very early age. He made his pro debut a few months after his 16th birthday.

Does anyone else have fights at an earlier age than these two? Specifically pro fights only.
Penn I think was 17 his first fight when he was living in california. I think he was like 18 for his first UFC fight. I started pretty early to. alot of our early stuff isnt even recorded on sherdog or anywhere else. Maybe some random VHS tape.

KhabibVsBear.gif

What about some of those MT guys in One? They always start super young.

Dan Lauzon debut in the UFC at 18

Jordan Mein debuted professionally at 16, I think. Against Rory Mac.

Was that mma or kickboxing/muay thai at 15? kickboxing and muay thai pros can start at an earlier age. MMA you don't really see pros at that age. Didn't she have a kickboxing/muay thai career first before getting into mma like Joanna? They even fought in their kickboxing/muay thai careers before UFC.

Carlos Condit was very young when he started.
He is 36, has been fighting since 2002, at 18.

Btw (european here)... in US, you cannot buy a beer until 21, but you can't go on a cage and beat the shit out of another guy at 16? Nice! Don't you need your parents' agreement, though? Something on paper?

One of those Chinese fellas was the fighter born in the 00s to fight in the UFC.

Rory MacDonald also made his pro debut at the age of sixteen.

Was that mma or kickboxing/muay thai at 15? kickboxing and muay thai pros can start at an earlier age. MMA you don't really see pros at that age. Didn't she have a kickboxing/muay thai career first before getting into mma like Joanna? They even fought in their kickboxing/muay thai careers before UFC.
Her pro debut in mma. Check out her record. It was in 2003.

Off the top of my head

Rory McDonald
Vitor
Nick Diaz
Max Holloway
Sergio Pettis
Dan Lauzon
Marcin Held
Chase Hooper
Paddy Pimblett
Vicente Luque
Gunnar Nelson
Rong Zhu

Struve made his pro debut at 17, but it's not that surprising considering his size.

Back